• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Graphics Card please

Caporegime
That doesn’t back up what you originally said though, there are plenty of 1080ti’s out there that are still covered under warranty, either transferable or the seller will usually be willing to help out if it’s from the MM.

it came out over 3 years ago. so majority have like 0-2 years max.

why spend £350+ on a card with no warranty when you can get 2070 super with cod worth £50 for £470?

only a bot would buy a second hand 1080ti

Caporegime
it came out over 3 years ago. so majority have like 0-2 years max.

why spend £350+ on a card with no warranty when you can get 2070 super with cod worth £50 for £470?

only a bot would buy a second hand 1080ti

It doesn’t matter when the card was released, you simply buy a second hand one that has a good amount of warranty remaining...

You really are something else at times Sonny...

Associate
I just had a quick look on Auction Site for used 1080ti's and all of them appear to be £450 and above.

2070 Supers are listed around that price new at the moment, with a free game. Am I missing something here?

Associate
He's been running a 7950 on the G Sync monitor and hasnt said that is a problem. I'm sure the Red Devil 5700XT, also with a free game for under £400 is the best option here. Who's to say he might sell the G Sync monitor (and should get a decent price for it) and switch over to FreeSync.

I swear you guys just like to hijack threads to debate and bitch at each other, this isnt helping :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Just checked back in this thread and its starting to get a little confusing now.

Don't really fancy buying 2nd had at them prices and surely for the price, with the 5700XT I'd be getting a huge improvement over the one I have now which is 7 years old.

Caporegime
Not sure discrediting the resident misinformation minister and telling the OP he can buy a 1080ti for £320 isn't useful tbh.

But yes the 5700XT is a good card.

I'm looking at MM just now there is a 1080ti for £400 and he has given zero info about warranty.

also warranty is with first buyer with receipt and registration usually?

so i don't know what you are talking about.

Associate
10xx series are gona drop off in performance with newer games coming out on DX12 and Navi will just get better over time as AMD cards usually do.

I wouldnt buy old hardware at the latter end of 2019, by next year it'll be 2 gens old.

Associate
Also this..

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/integer-scaling-radeon-adrenalin-graphics-card-drivers

AMD is preparing to add integer scaling into its graphics drivers, if the recent linux driver patches are anything to go by. There are multiple entries in the patch archives for October showing AMD devs working to implement the oft-requested feature, and with the big AMD Adrenalin driver update likely to drop in December I wouldn’t be surprised if integer scaling was one of the new features being prepped for it.

I'm looking forward to the BIG December driver update that AMD bring out every year, usually brings a little more overall performance too :)

Caporegime
Who said the one for £320 had a warranty?

You seem to be rowing back as always.

I think you need to go back to the drawing board.

Telling people to spend £350 on gpu with no warranty vs one for £400 with warranty brand new isn't smart.

So how much is a 1080ti with 2 years warranty second hand? £400+

Makes even less sense to buy one with warranty.

Back
Top Bottom