• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Graphics Card please

Caporegime
They go for £470 with a game he can sell for £30 so £440

It's within 10% of his asking so it's not unreasonable to suggest it IMO.

However he does have a g sync monitor so his options are limited to nvidia also.

Which means 2060 super or 2070 super

Associate
Not sure why he is limited to Nvidia/G Sync, it isnt like he cant sell the G Sync and buy a Freesync monitor. Seems pretty funny how people think they are locked to a certain brand when they can just sell their existing monitor and buy another. Like i said i'm sure G Sync displays sell pretty well and Freesync are always going to be cheaper.

Soldato
Not sure why he is limited to Nvidia/G Sync, it isnt like he cant sell the G Sync and buy a Freesync monitor. Seems pretty funny how people think they are locked to a certain brand when they can just sell their existing monitor and buy another. Like i said i'm sure G Sync displays sell pretty well and Freesync are always going to be cheaper.

Selling his monitor and buying a new one wasn’t in the original post though and people are only going off the info given. It’s extra hassle and more £££ and I dont know why people throw it into the mix like it’s a good idea. It’s like a mechanic saying well we can fit new tyres to your wheels quite easily but why don’t you get a different brand instead but oh you need new wheels first. But hey you can sell your old ones?

By all means OP get the AMD card but it’s pointless keeping a g sync monitor as you miss out on the extra ‘horsepower’ it ‘fudges’! Free sync/G sync is so great to have as it prevents screen tearing if you drop a few fps.

A new 2070S with warranty is the sensible choice here, will enable the OP to keep his monitor and enjoy G sync and ultimately it’s a better card.

As for second hand warranties (reference 1080ti) unless you get a warranty transferred into your name in writing many aren’t transferable (yes some are) People (me included) will sell you the promise of a warranty I.e if it breaks down in two years they’ll help out but let’s be honest that seller may have disappeared all together (for legitimate reasons) by the time you need to call in their help.

Whilst some amazing deals can be had in the MM only one person can benefit from each deal and it’s not like there is a glut of great deals. It’s not a reliable source to get a deal from as in someone else is likely to beat you too it.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would go for a 2070S in his situation if I could stretch. If not 5700 XT.

Don't get why 1080 Ti's command such prices to be honest. They are worth no more than £300 second hand imo. They perform poor RDR2 and it will only get worse going forward in new games.

Personally I would just wait and save a little more for a 3070 which would be a beast of an upgrade. It ain't that far away now.

Associate
Selling his monitor and buying a new one wasn’t in the original post though and people are only going off the info given. It’s extra hassle and more £££ and I dont know why people throw it into the mix like it’s a good idea. It’s like a mechanic saying well we can fit new tyres to your wheels quite easily but why don’t you get a different brand instead but oh you need new wheels first. But hey you can sell your old ones?

By all means OP get the AMD card but it’s pointless keeping a g sync monitor as you miss out on the extra ‘horsepower’ it ‘fudges’! Free sync/G sync is so great to have as it prevents screen tearing if you drop a few fps. And at which point it becomes more hassle than it’s worth.

A new 2070S with warranty is the sensible choice here, will enable the OP to keep his monitor and enjoy G sync and ultimately it’s a better card.

As for second hand warranties (reference 1080ti) unless you get a warranty transferred into your name in writing many aren’t transferable (yes some are) People (me included) will sell you the promise of a warranty I.e if it breaks down in two years they’ll help out but let’s be honest that seller may have disappeared all together (for legitimate reasons) by the time you need to call in their help.

Whilst some amazing deals can be had in the MM only one person can benefit from each deal and it’s not like there is a glut of great deals. It’s not a reliable source to get a deal from as in someone else is likely to beat you too it.

Great post agree with this

Caporegime
Personally, I’ve never had issues buying second hand with transferable warranty, if you use the MM and forums like avforums classifieds as well you may have to wait a couple of weeks to get one but then people do that when asking which card to get anyway.

As OP has now commented that he doesn’t want to buy second hand, then the 2070S and selling the game is the choice to get him the best performance just north of his budget.

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone.

Think i'll push the boat out a little more and go for the 2070S.

Any particular make?

Thanks again

Caporegime
it came out over 3 years ago. so majority have like 0-2 years max.

why spend £350+ on a card with no warranty when you can get 2070 super with cod worth £50 for £470?

only a bot would buy a second hand 1080ti

I was waiting in the wings to destroy your argument...

Buying a used 1080ti with a decent warranty is a smart move if you can get one for a decent price...

£120 saved is a lot of of money and in a blind test I doubt you would notice the difference...

In fact in certain games the 1080ti beats the 2070s...

If I sold my 1080ti for £350 in MM with 2 years warranty it would go in seconds...

FACT

Now you can tailor your argument all you want about without warranty but there are loads of 1080ti with warranty about...so you point is moot.

basically the 2070s is a 1080ti with 4gb less ram for nearly £500 nearly 3 years later....the 2000 series is a joke gen on many levels...:p

NEXT

Caporegime
I was waiting in the wings to destroy your argument...

Buying a used 1080ti with a decent warranty is a smart move if you can get one for a decent price...

£120 saved is a lot of of money and in a blind test I doubt you would notice the difference...

In fact in certain games the 1080ti beats the 2070s...

If I sold my 1080ti for £350 in MM with 2 years warranty it would go in seconds...

FACT

Now you can tailor your argument all you want about without warranty but there are loads of 1080ti with warranty about...so you point is moot.

basically the 2070s is a 1080ti with 4gb less ram for nearly £500 nearly 3 years later....the 2000 series is a joke gen on many levels...:p

NEXT

point is - nobody is selling 1080ti's with 2 years warranty for £350.

so your whole argument collapses right there.

they are £400+ which makes them pointless.

so your argument has already been destroyed not only by me but the poster above also discussing mm only being a good deal for 1 person and no ready supply

Caporegime
point is - nobody is selling 1080ti's with 2 years warranty for £350.

so your whole argument collapses right there.

they are £400+ which makes them pointless.

so your argument has already been destroyed not only by me but the poster above also discussing mm only being a good deal for 1 person and no ready supply

EVGA 1080 Ti founders Edition

with warranty

Just sold in MM for £320 in minutes

NEXT

Back
Top Bottom