Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Not a great start two CTD’s but could have been my end as DDU and a driver reinstall seems to have done the trick.

goodness me the graphics are amazing!! No game keeps my gpu at 98% pegged. No need to put the heating on either;)

Associate
Ok. So I just bought this game and it is downloading now. Never played any of the series so can you guys give me some basic, essential, whish I had known before playing it the first time tips that will make it a better experience the first time around:)

I will have plenty time to read them it will take 6 hours to download 112GB lol

Soldato
Ok. So I just bought this game and it is downloading now. Never played any of the series so can you guys give me some basic, essential, whish I had known before playing it the first time tips that will make it a better experience the first time around:)

I will have plenty time to read them it will take 6 hours to download 112GB lol

Always use your binoculars to check out animals before you shoot them to check the quality of their hides.

No real need to explore the map as the first thing to do as the story will lead you round almost everywhere anyway and unlocks more features as you progress.

Try and get used to the controls, I still find bits clunky...like trying to save outfits to your horse, that's confusing at first.

Go off the beaten tracks as you tend to find things and search through everywhere...you never know when you might come across a locked box!

Its beautiful to travel everywhere by horse but can get a bit tedious at times, but there is fast travel which you can unlock via the camp ledger.

Associate
Once they are studied just aiming with a weapon will tell you the quality. Another beginner tip is when looting hold R it will open all drawers and loot everything without having to keep pressing it.

Soldato
Also, make sure you use the right weapon so you don't ruin the pelt. As an example I was foolishly assuming an arrow to the head was fine for a rabbit but kept ruining them, before realising I needed to use a varmint rifle.

Associate
Also, make sure you use the right weapon so you don't ruin the pelt. As an example I was foolishly assuming an arrow to the head was fine for a rabbit but kept ruining them, before realising I needed to use a varmint rifle.

You can use small game arrows for quarry like rabbits, and shotgun slugs on larger animals like bears and elk. Also, it's worth observing your prey with the binoculars, since you can determine if the quality of an animal is poor, good or pristine.

Man of Honour
You can use small game arrows for quarry like rabbits, and shotgun slugs on larger animals like bears and elk. Also, it's worth observing your prey with the binoculars, since you can determine if the quality of an animal is poor, good or pristine.

Also, if you are willing to take some time and pay attention to the wind direction to avoid giving your scent away, its well worth using a lasso to pull them close and knife them in the throat, guarantees not damaging the pelts

Ree

Ree

Associate
must admit bar the crash and tantrum earlier am really enjoying this. vulkan was selected when i had the crash so i tried dx12 and not one since (touch wood). hours are just flying bye its unreal.

Soldato

Thanks, I don't think I've even thought to craft game arrows yet. I get a little frustrated with hunting if I'm honest, so get bored and go off to do other stuff.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if you can custom tweak head bob in the game via config files outside the settings in the menu? (I played a bit earlier on someone else's setup) at least they give an option to reduce it but head bob simulation is one of the stupidest things for a developer to implement at least without full control of it - most people automatically cancel it out in real life so it doesn't add anything to a game to put it in and can be nauseating for many granted there are some people who like a small amount of it so they don't feel like their character is sliding around on ice.

Also felt like it does like GTA V where if you make a physical circular motion with the mouse it comes out oval due to split X and Y sensitivity multipliers - another stupid thing if the player can't fully control it and why I gave up playing GTA V. (Didn't get a chance to see if it was tweakable in RDR2).

Soldato
Rockstar logic:

- random NPC while I'll ride past him with the clothes bandana: "I can't trust you if I can't see your face!"
- random NPC reporting a crime while I'm with the clothes bandana or even out of sight -> the law already knows it's ME! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Rockstar logic:

- random NPC while I'll ride past him with the clothes bandana: "I can't trust you if I can't see your face!"
- random NPC reporting a crime while I'm with the clothes bandana or even out of sight -> the law already knows it's ME! :rolleyes:

Yeah I never really understood that system when playing on PS4. sometimes it seemed to work as you would expect, and other times it didnt matter what you did, they knew it was you instantly

Soldato
Spent a good couple of hours rabbit hunting last night... going to start upgrading my stuff. However when I was out there I unfortunately killed someone I probably should not have....they attacked me because I killed a rabbit and got what they deserved.....

HKJxrzC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom