Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Caporegime
OP
Hi mate, my code said it was expiring on the 14th but just tried it now (13th) and it doesn’t work online.
Sorry to bother you again but just sent you another message.
Although I forgot to give my name again, I’ll send another one with that
Will send another code later :)

Associate
@MissChief is it correct that SKY will absolutely under no circumstances apply a new discount to the old Fibre Unlimited Pro? (the one grand fathered in from BE Unlimited with a static IP address?).

My price for broadband only, goes up to £51 in January and for the first time ever they will not budge on price. Has been £35~ for 6 years.
Forcing my hand to move to Zen @ £35. Any options that you know of, whilst remaining on the Pro package (need static IP).

EDIT
Ops didn't notice this wasn't in network/internet - apologies.

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief is it correct that SKY will absolutely under no circumstances apply a new discount to the old Fibre Unlimited Pro? (the one grand fathered in from BE Unlimited with a static IP address?).

My price for broadband only, goes up to £51 in January and for the first time ever they will not budge on price. Has been £35~ for 6 years.
Forcing my hand to move to Zen @ £35. Any options that you know of, whilst remaining on the Pro package (need static IP).

EDIT
Ops didn't notice this wasn't in network/internet - apologies.
AFAIK no, it's not a product offered any more and ideally they want people off it. @superdumper knows better as it never was my department and I'm no longer customer facing.

Associate
AFAIK no, it's not a product offered any more and ideally they want people off it. @superdumper knows better as it never was my department and I'm no longer customer facing.

Yeah, it’s not available anymore and doesn’t get discounted. Haven’t seen it in ages.

Thanks guys, shame they won't just knock £10 off the line rental and call it a day, for another year...but if they really want us gone, then so be it. :(

Associate
If you do want to give it another go, ask to speak to BB retentions, explain the situation to them and why you need the static IP, and ask the advisor to speak to their supervisor even. If need be, ask to speak to the supervisor yourself and explain the situation again. They may have a discount that applies on this old Product. They may not.

It may get you nowhere, you may have done it already, you may not want to waste any more time for it if another provider offers you the same thing without any extra hassle. Weigh the options.

Associate
If you do want to give it another go, ask to speak to BB retentions, explain the situation to them and why you need the static IP, and ask the advisor to speak to their supervisor even. If need be, ask to speak to the supervisor yourself and explain the situation again. They may have a discount that applies on this old Product. They may not.

It may get you nowhere, you may have done it already, you may not want to waste any more time for it if another provider offers you the same thing without any extra hassle. Weigh the options.

Yeah I did give it a hard try earlier in the week. Supervisor suggested I set up my own VPN if I really need a static IP and move to their normal Fibre Superfast.
I will of course give it another try in a couple of weeks, get Black Friday out the way as I think only the BF deals were on the table for them to offer and couldn't be used on my product.
I won't change providers this side of Christmas in case something goes wrong, but will absolutely go in for round 2 of negotiations with SKY at a later date. I just don't have much bargaining power as I only have broadband with SKY, and no interest in TV packages.

Associate
@MissChief does the 25% upgrade offer apply now that Sports is £15 base price to upgrade to? So that'll make it £11.25 after £3.75 gets knocked off. If it does can I trust you for an upgrade code please? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom