Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
Need a new desk now. Will be shopping for one once the building work is done.

alienware_monitor.jpg

What keyboard is this, tried looking through the pages

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Didn't you use to have a Steelcase Leap? Why replace it for a dinky old little chair?

I did yes. The steelcase was nice but not that comfortable for me. All these years in the gym have blessed me with quite a lot of upper back muscle, so I find lower back chairs more comfortable when at a desk. This sits mid back and has a nice angle which again I find very comfortable for me. It’s not old or small, from IKEA.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Recently added the following hardware to my setup.

Razer Core X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Huawei VR 2 cable

You can see the Razer Core X under the desk, I have it in a vertical orientation to allow me to use the 0.5m passive TB3 cable to the Mac mini above. I did have it on my desk but I prefer to have it under the desk as it's quieter. The Huawei VR 2 cable allows me to connect the Display Port out on the 5700 XT, combine it with USB-A and output to USB-C to drive my 23.7" LG UltraFine 4K monitor.

Windows has been installed in boot camp allowing me to play games on there as well using the 5700 XT. This is pretty much my perfect setup.

XSJZusG.png

XoPY9K6.jpg

Desk-setup-dec-2019.jpg

Made some more changes.

The eGPU was returned and replaced with a 2nd hand Blackmagic eGPU. It's not the most powerful but it gives a nice boost in Lightroom/Photoshop and is dead silent + works better with my LG Ultrafine. The quality of the thing is exceptional as well.

Sold my HomePod as I've gone back to Spotify.

So plans for the new year
- New speakers, may go back to the 2.0 setup I had, but I am limited on space.
- Potentially going to mount the Mac mini under the desk if I go with the 2.0 speaker setup.
- New desk mat, this one is starting to curl up and won't stay flat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom