DELL AW3420DW Screen

Associate
Does anyone know what screen this has?

The Dell website has opposing information and lists it in one place as 16.67m colours so 8 bit and another place as 1.07B colours so 8 bit +FRC and WCG.

I'm trying to decide between this and the LG34GK950F. I've read the new Dell has the same screen as the LG Freesync variant , in which case I'll go for the Dell for the warranty, build quality and adaptive sync.

If it's the same as the G-Sync variant I may as well go for the LG.

Thanks

Associate
I like it. I had the 3418 but it got the flickering issue so I returned it. This has better colors and native 120. No banding that I can tell and in the user mode the pre-calibration was 2.37 gamma before the calibration so not too bad. After calibration and it looks even better. Still has some corner glow but it's better than the 3418's I have seen. Corner glow appears more silver like rather than orange but it's not bad at all and not observable in games. They don't seem to have the warmer right side syndrome the older one had. Worth the slight increase in price of 999 vs the 3418 @ 649 here in the states.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info. Does it have gamma control, I know the 3418 doesn't.

There's about £80 difference between the new Dell and the LG at the moment here so I'll have to have a good think.

Associate
Does the fact that it's 8 bit vs the LG 34GK950F's 10 bit make a difference if you're not planning to use HDR? In the same boat as OP

Associate
OP
Does the fact that it's 8 bit vs the LG 34GK950F's 10 bit make a difference if you're not planning to use HDR? In the same boat as OP

The LG has a wider colour gamut and according to a couple of posts elsewhere it also is less prone to banding. This was compared to the AW3418DW though and according to Feklar above it isn't an issue with the newer model.

Associate
I just got this monitor and I love it. Can confirm a touch of silver corner glow but it is really minor on my panel. I only really have it on the bottom right. Got a couple extra years added on for the warranty so I can be worry free for the next 5 years.

Associate
The Dell AW3420DW has the same panel as the LG 34GK950G, I'd go for the Dell because of warranty these are very prone to problems.

Back
Top Bottom