Associate
The best option today does seem to be

SkyQ Box
Multiscreen
Entertainment
Sports
Ultimate on demand

for £49.50 a month for 18 months

I managed to get them to apply another discount to mine which took it down to £44.50 a month and then added sky cinema which took it upto £50 per month, but can cancel cinema at any time.

Wow, wish I got your C.S rep. My guy only came in today and although he could finally get me moved over to the current Fibre product at a reduced price (£27) the other discounts weren't really worth it. £91 overall for Q + Multiroom, Ultimate On Demand, Movies and Kids plus my reduced Fibre/Phone. I didn't want to extend the TV contract for that so cancelled Movies and Kids to get the bills to £84. Phone and Fibre is fine on contract as that will last until our mobile contracts are up and they were good deals across the family.

Associate
I thought they had fewer tuners and could only drive one mini box instead of two? Or have the 1tb boxes seen a hardware upgrade?

Yes. The 1TB box can now also support 2 mini boxes and UHD (not sure about voice control yet tbh, will find out) so it leads me to believe Sky are now offering the same box with different HDDs (1TB vs 2TB).

Associate
Associate
Are you taking the pee? Yes, that is a good deal and I wish I knew how you got it :(.

If you don't me asking, are you guys just asking about Black Friday Deals (I did) or going through cancellations?

Caporegime
Yes. The 1TB box can now also support 2 mini boxes and UHD (not sure about voice control yet tbh, will find out) so it leads me to believe Sky are now offering the same box with different HDDs (1TB vs 2TB).
All Sky Q boxes support voice control, they just need a voice control capable remote. The new boxes come with the new remote with the voice control button on the front rather than on the side.

Associate
Are you taking the pee? Yes, that is a good deal and I wish I knew how you got it :(.

I was paying £92 in total before I switched everything over to sky and this was sky entertainment with box sets, multiroom and HD, plusnet fibre with anytime calls and Netflix premium.
So about three weeks ago I moved my phone and fibre over to sky and the cost was £75 for sky entertainment with box sets, multiroom, HD and superfast fibre with boost and any time calls plus a separate bill for £11.99 with Netflix premium so £87 in total but Two days ago I noticed a deal for £45 which included sky entertainment anytime calls superfast fibre and Netflix premium so I called sky and asked if I could switch over to this deal and the person said no problem and would wave the £20 admin fee for switching so my new bill was £62 for everything.
Today I had a look at the black Friday deals and noticed ultimate on demand was half price so thought I would call them up and save another £6 making my bill £56 a month but when I called them the lady on the phone said I could have ultimate on demand for £6 as well as half price HD and multiroom plus money off boost so now my bills are £45 a month.

So all I did was just check out the deals and contact sky to see if I could switch over to the better deal.

Associate
Yes everyone should be getting the same but sometimes it depends on who you get on the phone and I have had some people who just wont budge and offer nothing and I have been with sky for over 20 years so good to finally have a good deal for once.

Soldato
am I right in thinking the top tier package is £79 a month? that being everything ticked on the website

tv, netflix, cinema, sports, multi, hd&uhd, fibre, phone, calls, boost

also, a nice £170 quidco cashback

Associate
Do you ever wish you never bothered doing something? Not only did I not get a decent deal on the T.V. side of things but it looks like changing over from Fibre Pro to Superfast is going to be a headache.

I know the line can take a while to stabilise but it shouldn't be as bad as from 60 pre-change down to 7 then up to 17 for a couple of hours and now back fown to 4 (upload is ranging from 250kb to a couple of mb).

The My Sky app booked an engineer visit, which is good as I kept getting cutoff before even I got added to the queue when ringing Sky today.

Soldato
Do you ever wish you never bothered doing something? Not only did I not get a decent deal on the T.V. side of things but it looks like changing over from Fibre Pro to Superfast is going to be a headache.

I know the line can take a while to stabilise but it shouldn't be as bad as from 60 pre-change down to 7 then up to 17 for a couple of hours and now back fown to 4 (upload is ranging from 250kb to a couple of mb).

The My Sky app booked an engineer visit, which is good as I kept getting cutoff before even I got added to the queue when ringing Sky today.

Yep, we had sky broadband and it was dreadful. Moved to Vodafone after my contact was up. Much better router, management app is great and mines syncs at 80. If you are within the cooling off period Vodafone has their black friday offers on now.

Associate
I have been with sky superfast fibre for coming up on 4 weeks and it has been great using there latest 4.2 hub and my speed and wifi have been excellent all round my house.
When I first connected up the router it connected at 67 down and 20 up but after two days it settled at 80 down and 20 up and has been like this ever since and the hub has been connected for 640 hours with no disconnections.
So I am very happy with my sky fibre but as you no if you look on all the big provider forums there is always complaints with every service.

Connection Speed 79999 kbps 19999 kbps
Line Attenuation D1(6.3 dB) , D2(14.6 dB) , D3(22.9 dB) U0(3.8 dB) , U1(12.4 dB) , U2(18.1 dB)
Noise Margin 6.0 dB 8.3 dB

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8770637097.png

Associate
The line was always stable on Fibre pro and whatever standard fibre was before that. The only reason I was on Pro was the system wouldn't allow my line to go over to the previous high speed product and no one ever really figured out why.

Initially they reduced the price to match the standard package but when the initial contract ended that changed. I initially tried to get something done but we had a family health issue earlier this year and my focus has been else where.

I am now trying to get a few things sorted out and this is yet another headache I could do without. I would rather not cancel Sky as we don't have any luxuries and have been either house bound or in hospital all year.

I will be sat on the phone when I get the chance to see what they see their end and if the engineer is definitely booked. It has resynced during the early hours at 18/4 but that is way off the minimum 37mb it should achieve. Something does appear off with my Attenuation - D1 (33.2), D2 (48.7) D3 (66.3) Noise Margin is 6.4 and 6.5. I don't recall LA being that high but I would need to find if I made a note before.

I won't fill this thread with more network chat but appreciate the feedback. I will update if/when I get anywhere.

Cheers all.

Associate
dcsarge, I don't know if you got BB Boost from Sky for wifi guarantee. If you did, it would issue you with the 4.2 router, which is a beast (at least in my experience).

You also complained about the deal you got, so I'd suggest you give them a call and ask to speak to TV retentions because you are considering cancelling. Once there, say that you want the Black Friday deal that is online for 50% off packs. You should then be through to a dept that can improve your price.

Associate
Does anyone know how mini boxes work with the 1TB Q box ?
  • Will only one mini box connect ?
  • Will 2 boxes connect but only one active at a time ?

Depends on the 1TB box. Up until last Friday with the old 1TB box, you could only use one minibox at the same time.

Since last Friday Sky only offer the new 1TB box, which allows for 2 miniboxes at the same time, and UHD content.

Back
Top Bottom