Best Electric Multi Cooker <£200

Caporegime
So what is the best electric pressure cooker and multi cooker under £200

https://www.independent.co.uk/extra...ti-cooker-electric-functions-uk-a9118821.html

they say it's the ninja foodi. I already have a nutri ninja and i think it's great and a quality bit of kit not as good as my vitamix but a lot smaller and for different uses.

Instant pot? pressure king pro? amazon basics has one which has a crazy number of functions for cheap or crock pot?

what do I go for?

Soldato
I had he Crockpot for last 12months its been fine maybe not as many features as the Pressure King but I had to return 2 of those due non stick peeling after only few uses

Soldato
I got an Instant Pot in last years black friday sale. This was chosen on the basis of the large number of accessories easily available for it on Amazon, compared to those that would fit the PKP. And also because it has a stainless steel inner pot as oppsed to the non-stick lined one with the PKP, which would probably wear out over time, as most non-stick things do.

Caporegime
OP
We've had a Sage Fast Slow Pro for a year and it is fantastic.

Well within budget too.

it comes highly reviewed will need to look into it further

I got an Instant Pot in last years black friday sale. This was chosen on the basis of the large number of accessories easily available for it on Amazon, compared to those that would fit the PKP. And also because it has a stainless steel inner pot as oppsed to the non-stick lined one with the PKP, which would probably wear out over time, as most non-stick things do.

i'm the same as you i prefer the look of this one purely because stainless steel vs non stick. i'd much rather go with something more durable and easily cleaned when need be with no babying to avoid damage.

i really do like the fact the ninja has a "roast" function and "air fryer" function. it is a lot more expensive for the maxi which i'm looking at but apparently it has additional functionality too.

i'll need to look into what the ninja and sage are made of and see if they use non stick or something more durable. i'll also look into how expensive it is to replace if they are non stick. generally i want to avoid non stick though as they never last.

Soldato
You can get an air fryer lid accessory for the Instant pot called the "Mealthy Crisplid", available on Amazon. Turns it into a crisper, browner, roaster type deal. Not got one myself as I have a normal air fryer.

Soldato
Frankly I'm not sure how I'd start using a pressure cooker ... beetroot, chicken/turkey carcass smashing, xmas puddings, come to mind,
definitely not steaming veg, since this requires regular checking to not overcook.
so, if anything I had slated the 1in7 tefal cooker which looked as though it would do rice, porridge as well as slow, if I started that.

sorry but the nutri brand is form over function, heavy advertising, and apparently socialmedia pushing, the liquidisers/smoothie makers from other companies are more robust eg. cuisinart. so I would be very sceptical of overpaying with them .(like KitchenAid where not sure the premium is justified over kenwood)

Caporegime
OP
Frankly I'm not sure how I'd start using a pressure cooker ... beetroot, chicken/turkey carcass smashing, xmas puddings, come to mind,
definitely not steaming veg, since this requires regular checking to not overcook.
so, if anything I had slated the 1in7 tefal cooker which looked as though it would do rice, porridge as well as slow, if I started that.

sorry but the nutri brand is form over function, heavy advertising, and apparently socialmedia pushing, the liquidisers/smoothie makers from other companies are more robust eg. cuisinart. so I would be very sceptical of overpaying with them .(like KitchenAid where not sure the premium is justified over kenwood)

You don't need to check anything when steaming veg. It normally tells you for X amount of this veg put on for 7 minutes. If it comes out undercooked put on for another couple of mins and remember for next time to put on for 9 mins.

If anything it's more precise and easier to cook things the exact way you want them to. It can cook almost anything too. Soup, Curries, Stews, Ribs, Chicken wings, even whole chickens. Rice, Yogurt. The Ninja even has a dehydrate function. Is an air fryer too.

Every youtube video I have seen said it's the best build quality far better than other makes. I have their Nutri Ninja and I can only agree with that. It's far better than the cheaper offerings.

I don't know how you came to these conclusions have you used their products? I have and I have used cheaper ones at other peoples houses and their products are far superior and they aren't even that expensive.

Take the fact that a pressure cooker of that size is around £100. An air fryer of that size is around £200.

This is better build quality all in one machine. For £230 I think it's a very good price. In fact it's cheap for what it does. It can replace your cooker for most things. It has 3 different oven functions (air frying, roasting and broiling) and even more pressure cooking functions.

Go watch some youtube reviews. Not seen a bad one yet.

Caporegime
OP
You can get an air fryer lid accessory for the Instant pot called the "Mealthy Crisplid", available on Amazon. Turns it into a crisper, browner, roaster type deal. Not got one myself as I have a normal air fryer.

Will need to look into this and see if it's as good as ninjas. Thanks for the heads up will save a lot of money if it is.

Soldato
You don't need to check anything when steaming veg.
you mean in a pressure cooker ...
even for one vegetable carrots/new-potatoes/leeks/cauli/peas/broad-beans/cabbage .. these can be +/- 3minutes in a saucepan steamer, and, additionally,
I had not mentioned originally, but, a more important point, if you typically steam multiple vegetables, adding according to cooking time, that's out. ?
I'd say cooking veg requires as much precision as steak, more

Every youtube video
do you have a particular video in mind. a lot are sponsored, I'd contend
(it's a bit like dyson too very few objective comparison videos, I'd even say youtube highly curated)

I don't know how you came to these conclusions have you used their products?
predominately the research I did for earlier thread, deciding on a food processor to buy, for which cuisinart, like for blenders, was also a good solution,
finally went for a kenwood accesory

Caporegime
OP
you mean in a pressure cooker ...
even for one vegetable carrots/new-potatoes/leeks/cauli/peas/broad-beans/cabbage .. these can be +/- 3minutes in a saucepan steamer, and, additionally,
I had not mentioned originally, but, a more important point, if you typically steam multiple vegetables, adding according to cooking time, that's out. ?
I'd say cooking veg requires as much precision as steak, more

do you have a particular video in mind. a lot are sponsored, I'd contend
(it's a bit like dyson too very few objective comparison videos, I'd even say youtube highly curated)

predominately the research I did for earlier thread, deciding on a food processor to buy, for which cuisinart, like for blenders, was also a good solution,
finally went for a kenwood accesory

You can tell by the person if they are "sponsored" or not. If they have hi tech cameras. Can tell they have been edited to a high degree. Have a really high membership base, etc. Then those are what sponsors target. Not some random person uploading a review.

Also some of them state. i've just went to the shop and bought this. Rather than look what turned up in the post, etc.

One woman I watched even said this is $200 for this it needs to be good to wow me. As it's not cheap, etc. Compared to my current $50 air fryer.

I watched the top 5-10 videos in terms of views after typing in something like instant pot vs ninja foodi. One of them even said that her oven did a better job of broiling but it was better than her instant pot at doing everything all in one and no need to transfer from pressure cooker to oven any more. I think if she had left it in longer for the crisping part it would have matched her oven.

Soldato
ooc picked an arbitrary first video that ... doesn't say its sponsored, and, I suppose the views would have sufficiently re-embursed them ...
HOW TO COOK AN AWESOME RIBEYE STEAK IN THE NINJA FOODI | Salty Tales
but don't think I'd consecrate a good steak to the nutri ..it's not (even) hot air like an air fryer, so maybe not surprising ... even then, a contact grill is really the only way to go for steak ? maybe in conjunction with a sous-vide

I'd thought it was a pressure cooker, but looks like you could open to add additional veg for steaming.

Soldato
LOL subsequently ffwd'ed through C5 gadget show ... they tested a Nutri 'balance' GADGET £150 plus a Pressure King Pro, and inadvertently disclosed a design flaw in the latter ... who, also, spotted it ?

(double shot of cynicism curry's xmas advertising the reduced price £300 dyson hair dryer, also fans - there are many born every day)

Caporegime
LOL subsequently ffwd'ed through C5 gadget show ... they tested a Nutri 'balance' GADGET £150 plus a Pressure King Pro, and inadvertently disclosed a design flaw in the latter ... who, also, spotted it ?

(double shot of cynicism curry's xmas advertising the reduced price £300 dyson hair dryer, also fans - there are many born every day)
What was the design flaw?

Soldato
they were sweating some veg and trying to stir them and the inner copper coloured bowl just spinning around ..

ceramic topped hobs are smooth so you find the same problem if eg. adding milk to a bechemel and trying to stir at same time ... the pan stupidly rotates too, need a 3rd hand

Caporegime
OP
I think I'm going to go with the ninja Foodi. Seems to be the ebst. I won't be using it for steak though.

mac and cheese.
soups.
curries.
daal's.
pulled pork.
peri peri chicken.

Soldato
Of course Instant Pot have brought out their own dedicated version of the Ninja Foodi now. Currently only available in the 8qt size, and it does look huge. Seems like it's US only though at the moment, but will no doubt end up over here.

Back
Top Bottom