50" TV £350ish budget reccomendations

Soldato
Hi

Looking out for a TV in black friday sales.

In need of a TV for my man room mainly for watching football and some f1. It won't be for main viewing but more in the background as I'm on pc at same time.

I am looking for a 50" for around £350 in black friday sale but def not wanting to spend over £400.

I would like 4k but not a deal breaker.

Any recommendations that are around or just above this price range to keep an eye out for a price drop?

Thanks.

Soldato
You could get the Samsung UE50RU7020 from Richer sounds for £369 if you use TV10 code. 6 year warranty and a solid TV for price that's dropped quite nicely. Might be worth hanging on until the weekend just to see what else comes available just for comparison.

Soldato
OP
I will take alook at it.

I'm not pushed to buy straight and can wait till after Xmas to see what comes up. There are so many tvs going on offer I want an idea of what to look at. If I can get a few suggestions and track prices over the next few weeks. Hopefully get a decent deal.

Most of the tvs going on offer at the moment seem to be Toshiba but I've read that most are pants.

I've also seen the Philips 50PUS6754/12 for 399.

Caporegime
I will take alook at it.

I'm not pushed to buy straight and can wait till after Xmas to see what comes up. There are so many tvs going on offer I want an idea of what to look at. If I can get a few suggestions and track prices over the next few weeks. Hopefully get a decent deal.

Most of the tvs going on offer at the moment seem to be Toshiba but I've read that most are pants.

I've also seen the Philips 50PUS6754/12 for 399.

Stick with Samsung. Toshiba isn't Toshiba anymore they left the TV market and the name was bought over by someone else. Same as JVC and all other "cheap makes" they couldn't compete when everyone moved to smart TV's a decade ago and they all ended up folding.

Philips is a funny one iirc they have made 2 good panels recently other than that they have made nothing but junk TV's in the past 10 years. So I would avoid personally unless you see proper reviews.

RTINGS is the only site I use these days. I used to use AVForums and HDTVTEST too but RTINGS seems to pretty much do it all for you and much easier to use. I wouldn't bother with any other review site than either of those 3 RTINGS preferred.

Soldato
Toshiba isn't Toshiba anymore they left the TV market and the name was bought over by someone else.

They are made in Turkey buy a company called Vestel. Most of these cheap TVs from toshiba, hitatchi, bush, sharp even cheapo Panasonic etc are. At this end of the market may as well buy a Cello and support a British company.

Back
Top Bottom