What old tv computer shows did people like?

Soldato
I was wondering if anyone had any favourite computer-related tv shows back then that you liked?

I remember quite a few. But one that stands out is Knightmare. It was way ahead of its time.

I don't know why there aren't similar shows like this on today. It's very odd considering millions more people play games these days.

Soldato
I'm not really sure what type of show you're getting at, as I wouldn't consider Knightmare a computer show.... I stil loved it though!

Bad Influence and Gamesmaster are the computer shows I remember from childhood. I had an Atari ST back then, so most of the content didn't apply to me :( had to play on my mates Megadrive and SNES.

Soldato
Before the days of more dedicated gaming shows, you'd get the 5 minutes at twenty past seven on TV-AM of showcasing a game and a bit of a chart. Same with a five minute or so skit on Saturday Superstore, where they'd announce Jetset Willy was no 1 for the millionth week running.

Associate
Time Commanders was great, particularly in the early stages when games such as Total War were still new.

Gamesmaster! Now there's a blast from the past.

Associate
Knightmare was a favorite of mine too, it had such an impact in my life that when i was a student and came back to the halls every night smashed, id do a full pitch goblin horn followed by "goblinsss master!".

There was repeats years ago, i watched to see what actually happened if the people won.... Wasnt impressed

Soldato
OP
Associate
I can still remember pen and paper at hand, waiting for the Gamesmaster cheats to appear on the screen. Good times!

Associate
there is no way you could write down the codes from games master without taping the show on VHS and then slowing it down or pausing it. They where too fast scrolling.

Bad Influence used to do something similar at the end of the program, where the pages flipped past very quickly, so you had to use the slow-advance to scroll through the pages.

I enjoyed watching Bits, but not really for the gaming stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom