Specs:

i9-9900k OC'd @ 5Ghz stable
EVGA FTW3 2080TI
Asrock Taichi Ultimate
1TB 970 Pro
EVGA 850W G2 PSU
Corsair hydro x Watercooling parts

Backstory:

I kind of rushed into Custom Watercooling and used Corsairs Builder to purchase parts.
First issue, The block didn't fit my old card (KFA2 2080TI) and also that card was already playing up which made me want to go the Watercooling route (Fans running at 100%). I drove to Overclockers and they nicely replaced the GPU block with a EK one that did fit.

Got home and took my time, ended up being the pump faulty as it wasn't doing anything. Out of frustration I gave up. Returned the pump and got a new one.

All the soft tubing I got is in the bin and I'm pretty sure the connectors are too (Due to anger issues).

So I've now got a complete kit (Apart from the tubing, connectors and a Waterblock that fits my new GPU).
But really hesitant to do this on my own.

I have called local shops and they have all flat out declined to touch Custom watercooling.
Does anyone know of any places in the West Midlands area that may be able (for labour cost) put my loop together for me?

Running out of options. The stuff has been sitting on the floor in the corner (All in their boxes) since my failed attempt a few weeks ago. I can't possibly see myself taking the GPU apart again and going through all the effort by myself.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Man of Honour
Don't give up.

You've done the hardest part in fitting a gpu block to a 2080TI, that would give me the shakes given the price of the card.

Test the pump before starting again, quick dry power on won't kill it ( don't let it run though, just a second so you know its working ).

Soft tubing and barbs, or compression fittings are pretty foolproof if you've got the correct/matching sizes.

Just take it slow, make sure everything it tight/secure, and remember we all started from beginners in watercooling.

Plenty of people here to help :)

Associate
Like Brizzles said, don't give up!

What's is wrong with the tubing/fittings?

If you were closer to Croydon I would have happily offered to help you get is up and running..

Associate
It sounds like you've put a lot of effort in and it's a shame to give up now. I would set a day a side and take it slow. Things like these take 5x longer than you think they will.

Having tried custom loops almost 12 years ago (before compression fitting and AIO were a thing) let me tell you the pay off once you finish it is amazing.

But 1 year later when I wanted to do upgrades, or just general loop maintenance, I realised that custom loop are a pain in the ass and for me not worth the time or effort.
Switched back to air cooling and not looked back ever since. Still enjoying looking at other peoples custom loops though :)

Back
Top Bottom