*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
bunch of miserable old farts on this forum

Well yes we are, we've literally aged while waiting for HL3.

In that time WoW has risen, fallen and risen again and we have kids winning millions playing Fortnite.

Now that Steam is under a bit of pressure they start teasing a new HL game that isn't HL3? Pfft, Valve are like someone you used to have fun with but are now totally desperate for your attention it makes them look sad. Besides, CP2077 is out next year...

Soldato
I want to be excited but I just don't have it in me when it comes to valve/hl. Too much time, so much hurt. Current rig and og Vive won't likely do it any justice anyway.

Soldato
Honestly for me I think it's gone past the "playing hard to get" time span and into the "I'm not that bothered anymore" sort of timespan since HL2.3.

I also don't think they're the best games ever like most people do - for me they're fun but just... Normal linear shooters I guess.

I'm not really thinking of trying VR yet, it just doesn't appeal. This game isn't likely to be the killer app that hooks me in i don't think. Probably my loss!

Caporegime
Did you play Half-Life 2 on release?

As a game, it was really something special at the time. The character models, The AI, The Gravity Gun, Ravenholm, The vehicle sections that actually worked in first person.

It might not be so impressive now - 15 years on.

Anyway - What are the chances Valve have already finished the game and will just sell it on Thursday?

Soldato
Still prefer the first half Life, although at the time half life 2 was pretty special, I remember getting in a mood with my girlfriend because I had to go on holiday mid way through it. :D

Soldato
Had an inkling they would be waiting for VR to become mildly acceptable for next installment in the series.

Not quite HL3 but gears are definitely turning now for the franchise.

How much is a decent headset nowadays then?

Back
Top Bottom