Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Caporegime
Origin downloaded an update for this a minute ago, can't find any patch notes though.

Edit - Nothing amazing

• We’ve fixed a texture flickering issue that would display on the screen while driving the AT-AT on Kashyyyk
  • Sometimes the input from the arrow keys would fail to respond within menus, this has now been fixed.
  • Dynamic resolution settings will now save properly.
  • Fixed an issued where the game could become slow and loading times longer than expected.

Caporegime
I'm a decent number of hours in and I am enjoying it. Can't say that the graphics are as bad as anyone is making it, may just be the screen I am using but it looks glorious on an OLED panel.

If I had to describe the game, it is kind of like a more difficult version of tomb raider but with lightsabers instead. But I liked tomb raider, too.

The story seems good. Not the greatest, but well worth a play imo.

Anything looks amazing on OLED ;) :D

Soldato
Took me ~19 hours to finish it with >90% explored for every planet on Jedi Master difficulty.

A bit shorter than I hoped, but the story was entertaining.

Combat becomes a lot quicker at the end with all the unlocks. Found even small fights very arduous at the start. Being able to chain combos is so important, otherwise you just get hammered.

Soldato
I'm not sure, sounds like you're exactly where I am at the moment.

Overall I like the game, but it's not an A grade game, a good b- or c+. As others have mentioned, it lacks the pure action of the force unleashed & is ultimately far more shallow than a proper RPG. I'd even go as far as saying it's far more shallow than Tomb Raider (reboot) but similar in feel.

If it had the following it could be an A grade game.

1. Proper inventory/loot system with upgrades (more RPG esque)
2. Basic crafting.
3. City on each planet you can visit, arenas and things you can do - shops.
4. Side quests, which you can get from random interactions in the wild.
5. Levels designed to be an actual area instead of a constant parkour testing grounds. With standard movement over normal areas & more complex parkour style in mission specific zones (in Assassins Creed style)
6. Companions with you, or at least companion skills/quests.
7. More to do with the ship, explore some abandoned ships, or sith temples outside of the main quest planets.

Really the game feels like it had the middle cored out & felt like it could have been so much more.

Caporegime
I'm not sure, sounds like you're exactly where I am at the moment.

Overall I like the game, but it's not an A grade game, a good b- or c+. As others have mentioned, it lacks the pure action of the force unleashed & is ultimately far more shallow than a proper RPG. I'd even go as far as saying it's far more shallow than Tomb Raider (reboot) but similar in feel.

If it had the following it could be an A grade game.

1. Proper inventory/loot system with upgrades (more RPG esque)
2. Basic crafting.
3. City on each planet you can visit, arenas and things you can do - shops.
4. Side quests, which you can get from random interactions in the wild.
5. Levels designed to be an actual area instead of a constant parkour testing grounds. With standard movement over normal areas & more complex parkour style in mission specific zones (in Assassins Creed style)
6. Companions with you, or at least companion skills/quests.
7. More to do with the ship, explore some abandoned ships, or sith temples outside of the main quest planets.

Really the game feels like it had the middle cored out & felt like it could have been so much more.
If it was made more like an RPG it would have had these elements. But it was designed as a Star Wars Third Person action game.

Soldato
Finding this game much more of a platformer than anything else. There is WAY to much filler content. Also the AI is non-existent, you can be slaughtering one group of stormtroopers and the others 30 meters away don't even turn round.

It's certainly no Jedi Knight 2 :(

Soldato
Finished the story tonight. Got to say for me it really picked up towards the end.

After the scene with a large beast in Kashyyk or whatever it's called I really started to enjoy it's pacing a lot more. The flashback sequences were enjoyable from a story point of view.

My only complaint story wise is once a certain party member joins the fold they literally have no further inclusion to the story. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I clocked the story at 17 hours (origin logged time) probably an hour of idle. Got about 75%, explored.

This is the first game I've seen through to completion in many years, and for the 15 quid origin premium it's been worth every penny.

Soldato
started playing it last night and its pretty good so far.
I'm playing with keyboard and mouse though as i assumed there would be guns and aiming (which i can't do with a controller).
Is there any aiming in this game?
If not i'll switch to controller,

cheers

Man of Honour
Finished this the other day, really enjoyed it but lack of fast travel to areas you've already explored is frustrating and I've given up on getting 100% on every planet. I've defeated all the optional bosses so I'm not sure what to do now, I'll probably uninstall it.

Back
Top Bottom