*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Most certainly been asked so apologies.

Looking to buy my daughter a Switch Lite for Xmas, she currently plays mine and majority of my games are digital. She is only 4 coming on 5 so won't be fussed about online gaming but is they a way I can link these 2 consoles to share my games? My primary uses online features a lot so take it her switch would need to constantly be in airplane mode?! I take it we wouldn't be able to play the same game at the same time?!

Anyone got any info or even online info on how to do it?

Soldato
Is there anywhere with a list of these?

Nintendo UK mentions Breath of The Wild and Mario Odyssey and up to 70% on selected titles but nothing else. Sale goes live at 14:00 on Friday 22nd (I said Thursday doh!).

Edit - the image in their Tweet suggest a couple of others. I can see Cadence of Hyrule, Skyrim, Dragonball? Not sure what the others are. Let's have a quiz! :p https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1196714774286999552?s=20

Man of Honour
Most certainly been asked so apologies.

Looking to buy my daughter a Switch Lite for Xmas, she currently plays mine and majority of my games are digital. She is only 4 coming on 5 so won't be fussed about online gaming but is they a way I can link these 2 consoles to share my games? My primary uses online features a lot so take it her switch would need to constantly be in airplane mode?! I take it we wouldn't be able to play the same game at the same time?!

Anyone got any info or even online info on how to do it?

If you set up a shared account like that then your console would always need an internet connection to play your games.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So could she have her own account but then it’s shared to mine? We’ll never be playing the same game at the same time so trust that should work??

She can have her own account and play the games assigned to your account if her console is set to primary for your account. I think she has to be online to do this, and you both playing the same game simultaneously will boot one of you out of the game.

You will then need to be online and on your own account on your console to play any game.

Soldato
It's one of the easiest versions going by the reviews and first-hand reports.

Indeed. Just seen that XP Share cannot be disabled as well... lol.

That's it then, I think this is where I get off the Pokemon train I think. I have at least one game of every gen, but I think the time has finally come to step away.

Soldato

That's it then, I think this is where I get off the Pokemon train I think. I have at least one game of every gen, but I think the time has finally come to step away.

They clearly played it way too safe. Maybe someone else should try, I.e. not Gamefreak. Anything they seem to do outside if pokemon doesnt seem to get recieved well at all. They nailed the formula back in the day but I think the series may need a full on reboot like many IP seem to get these days

Soldato
As long as they keep selling like they do then they probably see it as a non-issue. I know people at work who treat their Switch like a Pokemon machine and don't really care about anything else on it.

Soldato
I'm getting a regular switch for Christmas instead of a lite as apparently Santa can stretch to that now. I'm still gonna use it in handheld mode and treat the dock as a charging station I guess. Would I be better off not using the dock if I don't use it for the TV as I hear it can scratch the handheld over a period of time if you don't buy a protector or something to stop it going it?
What's my choices when charging up a switch, isn't it usb-c? I have a pixel 3 phone, can I use my charger to charge the switch up?
Can you recommend a carry case, orzly I'm guessing. Does the console come with headphones, if not can I be recommended any for under £50.

Associate
You can use the included charger to plug directly to the Switch, you can use your phone charger to charge it if you're after a longer cable as the included charger length isn't that great.
Just don't use your phone charger to power the dock+switch together as that will potentially brick the switch.
Headphones/earphones are not included and use any decent earphones within your budget.
Carry case depends what you're after, if you're looking at just storing it and then thrown in bag then any of the thin case options will do the job, I have these : https://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImage/78-211-039-S01.jpg and carry my phone charger with me in my main bag.
I have screen protector on my Switch just because i'm used to having one on portable devices.

Man of Honour

I stopped after Gold and Silver as each game was just the same thing each generation.

I'll happily jump back in when it inevitably goes open world a la BotW.

I'm getting a regular switch for Christmas instead of a lite as apparently Santa can stretch to that now. I'm still gonna use it in handheld mode and treat the dock as a charging station I guess. Would I be better off not using the dock if I don't use it for the TV as I hear it can scratch the handheld over a period of time if you don't buy a protector or something to stop it going it?
What's my choices when charging up a switch, isn't it usb-c? I have a pixel 3 phone, can I use my charger to charge the switch up?
Can you recommend a carry case, orzly I'm guessing. Does the console come with headphones, if not can I be recommended any for under £50.

Great choice, even if only playing in handheld mode the regular Switch is a better console with a bigger, better screen, and much better battery life.

Get an Orzly glass screen protector and case. The dock will definitely scratch the screen without one.

Buy a USB-C to USB-A cable and keep it in your case, then you can use that to charge from any USB port.

For cheap headphones I really like my SoundMagic E10's. I bought them 8 years ago for £18 (Edit: £21.38) and they are still going strong with daily use.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve been enjoying it so far. The open world elements are good but the formula is essentially the same. Some of the changes like getting rid of the random encounters make the game play more user friendly. You can now hunt specific types of Pokemon.

I’ll be honest, I always used the xp share item so having it by default makes no difference to me.

The whole throwing the poke balls thing has gone, that go element was a bit silly. You are also back to battling the wild Pokemon.

Pokemon has never been difficult, let’s be honest about that. It was easy when I was 12, it’s certainly still going to be easy now.

If you want a game to challenge you then Pokemon has never been it, but if you want a familiar casual RPG then go for it.

Associate
I'm gonna be picking up sword at some point. I mean I'm not a huge pokemon fan. I played blue to death on the gameboy but other than that I'm a casual fan at best but is xp sharing really a issue? And the pokedex.... surley that had to happen at some point? I dunno but from what I've seen the game looks pretty good.

Soldato
Gave in and bought Sword. Got sent the steelbook case with it. Bit gutted as the actual case is cracked in half and the coverart is torn too. Gonna have to return the game for a replacement.

It's actually the first Pokémon fame I've played since red, blue and yellow.

I'm really enjoying it so far, looks great and plays well on the lite.

Back
Top Bottom