White car, yes or no?

Associate
Our family car is a pearl white Qashqai. First white car I have owned.

The outside is not too bad, it does not get driven that much in the week but keeping it clean in all the door shuts etc is a pain.
Most of my cars have been black and you just don't notice it as much. So whilst it obviously gets as dirty as any car you really have to pay attention on white to the bits you probably don't bother with day to day on another colour as it stands out so much more.

Soldato
Have a Focus Titanium X in Frozen White which is the first and only white car I've owned, unless you count the old ex-police tranny I used to have, and I've not noticed a problem with it at all.

Soldato
My last car was silver and my current one is white. Silver is much better, until you come to clean it you don't realise how grafted it is:D. White shows up stuff too easily imo.

Soldato
Both white and black are awful for showing the dirt - I'd say black suffers even worse in general, but a white car shows up things like tar spots easily. That said, an advantage of white is that swirl marks are much harder to see, even in direct sunlight. But you don't get the glossy reflections that you would with darker colours.

Swings and roundabouts.

Soldato
Unless it's a 90's Honda Type R i'll say no, white cars in general always look a bit pants to me.

My parents recently bought a white Tiguan (16 plate) and i think it looks fantastical boring in that colour, it's not a particularly interesting car anyway but the white certainly does it no favours.

Associate
If your leasing a car then yes, white is the way to go. Had a conversation recently with one of the inspection people on returning a lease car and he said it was virtually impossible to see scratches etc therefore limiting your potential for additional charges at the end of the lease.

Associate
I have a white car, it's alright but I likely wouldn't choose another: Pain in the butt to keep anything but dirty, but white paint inherently covers up swirls and imperfections a little better than deeper colours so I guess that's something? If you're looking for them you'll find em but they aren't as obvious!

Soldato
Had one white car, an old metro GTi when I was young :p Never again, they show all the dirt (and rust, lol) and don't even shine when clean. They look like they forgot the top coat at the factory. Oh and they are super common.

Last edited:
Associate
Unless it's a 90's Honda Type R i'll say no, white cars in general always look a bit pants to me.

Always said I’d never own a white car and now I own two, one being a CW Integra Type R. The other is a pearl white CR-V and frankly I don’t care - it does the family stuff and it was a bargain when I bought it. Actually looked pretty good for it’s age (early 2013) after a quick wash and seal last Friday.

Buying new, no chance I’m afraid...

Soldato
My gt86 is white (pearlescent white, so not a flat colour). It looks good, but it has quite nice lines and it makes them pop more than dark colours. It doesn't suit all cars though. I wish manufacturers had some more lairy options.

I get lazy with cleaning in winter though, so it stays dirty for weeks on end sometimes. The "just come out of a rally" look has it's place :D

Last edited:
Underboss
My gt86 is white (pearlescent white, so not a flat colour). It looks good, but it has quite nice lines and it makes them pop more than dark colours. It doesn't suit all cars though. I wish manufacturers had some more lairy options.

I get lazy with cleaning in winter though, so it stays dirty for weeks on end sometimes. The "just come out of a rally" look has it's place :D

my friend has the same car
(new shape GT86) its lovely in white!

Back
Top Bottom