*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Depends on the 1TB box. Up until last Friday with the old 1TB box, you could only use one minibox at the same time.

Since last Friday Sky only offer the new 1TB box, which allows for 2 miniboxes at the same time, and UHD content.

I'm on the older 1TB box sadly , so im guessing/hoping the active minibox will switch on remote press.
I should ring up and try get a newer box really :(

Associate
I'm on the older 1TB box sadly , so im guessing/hoping the active minibox will switch on remote press.
I should ring up and try get a newer box really :(

You can try. Not sure of any specific or extra discounts for existing 1 TB customers upgrading to the newer box. Worst that will happen is that they will ask you to pay for the installation of the new box, which is £25 I think.

Associate
dcsarge, I don't know if you got BB Boost from Sky for wifi guarantee. If you did, it would issue you with the 4.2 router, which is a beast (at least in my experience).

You also complained about the deal you got, so I'd suggest you give them a call and ask to speak to TV retentions because you are considering cancelling. Once there, say that you want the Black Friday deal that is online for 50% off packs. You should then be through to a dept that can improve your price.

Hi, sorry no sleep last night and playing catch up. I must admit I didn't really notice much about BB boost apart from the app and call outs previously but it wasn't offered during the call so I didn't even think of it.

I tried to call this morning and the wait times were horrendous but there was the whole internet outage issue, so I will try again after lunch. Speed has settled on 18/4 give or take a few hundred kg since yesterday, so it doesn't appear to want to shift. It must be either a profile issue or a line problem that Pro dealt with somehow (or very bad timing).

I may be stuck on the tv side as the main contract may locked until January unless they budge but the blurb says the deals are open to existing customers who re-sign for 18 months. Same as last year with the TV offer which I missed.

Caporegime
Hi, sorry no sleep last night and playing catch up. I must admit I didn't really notice much about BB boost apart from the app and call outs previously but it wasn't offered during the call so I didn't even think of it.

I tried to call this morning and the wait times were horrendous but there was the whole internet outage issue, so I will try again after lunch. Speed has settled on 18/4 give or take a few hundred kg since yesterday, so it doesn't appear to want to shift. It must be either a profile issue or a line problem that Pro dealt with somehow (or very bad timing).

I may be stuck on the tv side as the main contract may locked until January unless they budge but the blurb says the deals are open to existing customers who re-sign for 18 months. Same as last year with the TV offer which I missed.
That does sound like a line fault to me. The engineer should be able to fix it.

Associate
Does anyone know how mini boxes work with the 1TB Q box ?

Just got home and setup my 2nd mini box up with my 1tb box.
For anyone interested it turns out one of the mini boxes needs to be in standby mode for the other to work , works quite well for us with them being in kitchen and bedroom so quite happy for only £30

Associate
dcsarge, I don't know if you got BB Boost from Sky for wifi guarantee. If you did, it would issue you with the 4.2 router, which is a beast (at least in my experience).

You also complained about the deal you got, so I'd suggest you give them a call and ask to speak to TV retentions because you are considering cancelling. Once there, say that you want the Black Friday deal that is online for 50% off packs. You should then be through to a dept that can improve your price.

That does sound like a line fault to me. The engineer should be able to fix it.

The line dropped completely today so I popped down the road and sure enough Openreach were poking around. After an hour or so it sprang to life and has settled at just over 66/13, which is a touch higher than on Fibre Pro, so I am very happy with that.

I also managed to get through to the online offers team (this is the key thing if you want the BF deals as an existing customer, I am just shy of being out of TV contract) with a bit of help and couldn't have asked for a more helpful person. I have now got the full TV, Sports (my son is enjoying watching a lot more now), Movies, Kids and Ulimate Box with Q experience for £50 a month, which is less than I was initially told and expected to pay. Thank you to everyone listening to me moan and offering advice. It is nice to have a positive result on something at the mo :).

Associate
I am currently with them on SkyHD+ with entertainment, cinema, HD and boxsets with free sky go extra. I pay £29.
I was thinking to get the SKY Q experience since its 6.5 extra but I am also looking to get a broadband deal.

Does anyone have any experience with getting the broadband cheaper from Sky than they advertise? £29 is not the cheapest actually thats what they usually are and you can get some cashback if you go from other sites etc.
Talktalk has a nice deal with cashback from TCB £120 i believe for their FTTC fast fibre product for £21.99 but I am a bit hesitant with Talktalk after the fiasco with them loosing users info back in 2015

Soldato
Contacted chat today about Black Friday deals.
Was on last years Black Friday deal - so £69 for all except sports with multi room included.

No joy via phone, however via chat I managed to get the same again however now for £49 which was appreciated

Associate
Just when you think it is over :p. Looks like the billing has gone pear shaped, so it is back on the phone tomorrow. Just checked as the updated bill for the next month is due on the 24th and I was told it would be slightly lower due to the credit on 6 days of this billing period (bonus but not necessary).

However the bill is for over £135 including BB and it took me a moment to realise that it has billed the new deal and old packaged and applied credits, in other words a total mess. Next month on are perfectly fine but I bet it is too late to sort before the DD goes out which will be a pain in the ****. So glad calls are inclusive on Sky mobile.

Edit - Looks like the system has applied the correct credits overnight. The website bill is now nice and clear, whereas the app vresion looks like someone doing too much coke did the accounts :D.

Last edited:
Associate

Ring up and ask for the Online Deals Team and ask them about the BF deals, if they can't help then you should go down the cancellation route but I was told the Online Team cannot actively offer existing customers the deals but if ask them they are very helpful. I didn't know they existed the first time I rang last week and the wasn't told and the regular firstline team didn't offer me anything remotely near the offers.

Soldato
If you are fed up of Sky and having to spend time negotiating with them to try and get a decent deal and you are on a high(ish) end package, then Virgin are doing a corker of a deal for Black Friday.

Ultimate Oomph bundle for £79 a month instead of £99 a month.
M500 Fibre Broadband
Maxit TV + Sky Sports HD + Sky Cinema HD + Kids Pick
2 x V6 boxes
Talk More Anytime Phone package
Truly Unlimited SIM included
£35 setup fee

Then you can get £200 cash back from Topcashback, which makes the monthly cost only £65.25 after everything is taken into account. I don't think you can even get a 500Mb broadband and a Unlimited SIM for this amount anywhere else, let alone effectively including free TV/Sport/Movies and unlimited landline as well.

Makes Sky look absolutely pants in comparison, total cost for the year (since you only have a 12 month contact not 18 like Sky!) is £783.

Obviously totally useless to anyone who can't get Virgin, or has a hardon for the SkyQ UI.

Associate
If you are fed up of Sky and having to spend time negotiating with them to try and get a decent deal and you are on a high(ish) end package, then Virgin are doing a corker of a deal for Black Friday.

Ultimate Oomph bundle for £79 a month instead of £99 a month.
M500 Fibre Broadband
Maxit TV + Sky Sports HD + Sky Cinema HD + Kids Pick
2 x V6 boxes
Talk More Anytime Phone package
Truly Unlimited SIM included
£35 setup fee

Then you can get £200 cash back from Topcashback, which makes the monthly cost only £65.25 after everything is taken into account. I don't think you can even get a 500Mb broadband and a Unlimited SIM for this amount anywhere else, let alone effectively including free TV/Sport/Movies and unlimited landline as well.

Makes Sky look absolutely pants in comparison, total cost for the year (since you only have a 12 month contact not 18 like Sky!) is £783.

Obviously totally useless to anyone who can't get Virgin, or has a hardon for the SkyQ UI.
That is a really good price and I would be jumping all over it but its a shame we don't have virgin in our estate.

Associate
Ring up and ask for the Online Deals Team and ask them about the BF deals, if they can't help then you should go down the cancellation route but I was told the Online Team cannot actively offer existing customers the deals but if ask them they are very helpful. I didn't know they existed the first time I rang last week and the wasn't told and the regular firstline team didn't offer me anything remotely near the offers.

Took your advice and thought I'd give it a try, managed to get better than what I wanted, so signed up again.

Associate
Took your advice and thought I'd give it a try, managed to get better than what I wanted, so signed up again.
If you don't mind me asking what deal did you get, as I am about to ring them on Monday to give it a try myself. Only issue i have is I cannot cancel as i renewed on May so I don't have the cancellation card to play. I am interested in getting the 6.5 deal for Sky Q and try to get a deal in BB as i currently don't have anything at the moment and was thinking to go with talktalk as their price is really good, but I am not too fond of talktalk

Associate
If you don't mind me asking what deal did you get, as I am about to ring them on Monday to give it a try myself. Only issue i have is I cannot cancel as i renewed on May so I don't have the cancellation card to play. I am interested in getting the 6.5 deal for Sky Q and try to get a deal in BB as i currently don't have anything at the moment and was thinking to go with talktalk as their price is really good, but I am not too fond of talktalk

I was a SKY Q legacy customer, paying just over £100 per month. £56 on TV and £45.99 on BB & Phone.

The new package is Entertainment, UOD, HD, Kids, Multiscreen, Superfast BB, Sky Talk Anytime Extra, Broadband Boost. £58.50 per month. All admin & one-off fees wavered "as a 10 year/VIP customer"?, removes my independent Netflix bill, adds Anytime talk to remove any telephony costs. I lose F1 HD, but wasn't worth the extra £15 pm to me, also all future calls will be VOIP so dependent on BB service. Nothing out of the ordinary, but cheaper than the sum of it's parts (Entertainment reduced from £22 -> £12 when broadband added) and the fees knocked off.

Also went round to my Mum's today and made a similar reduction with her package. She was a £108 pm customer, now down to £62.50 going from a very old Sky HD package to SkyQ, Entertainment, Multiscreen, Movies, Kids, Superfast. She did require to pay a £40 install fee for the new Sky Q hardware, but that will pay for itself in the first month. I tried to get her to at least take the HD pack at £2.50 pm, but she's a old Scottish woman and I couldn't get her to agree to it!

Associate
Hi all

New to this forum page. But just like to mention that via the online message service from sky I was able arrange the following Full Sky Q tv package including the sports and movie channels, for £60 a month. Its the black Friday deal they doing at the moment where all tv packages are 50% off. I was not sure if this deal was available to me already being a customers of sky, but they informed me that the deal could be applied to anyone's package if they enquire. I was already in a deal which had 3 months left where I was paying £78 a month so I very happy with the new black Friday deal. Couple of draw backs I had to sign up for a new 18 month contract and I had to pay £20 admin fee.

Back
Top Bottom