• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Delid or upgrade

Associate
I had this issues a while back with my i5 3570k so I decided to delid it and it made a decent difference. Got around 200mhz and temps dropped drastically, the chip was very stable for a long time after too. Plus it’s very easy to do so long as you take your time with a knife or just buy a clamp tool. It will deffo buy you some time for now

Soldato
Aside from the fact that the 9900K can work on most Z370 boards with a BIOS upgrade? THIS is my point exactly. So much bluster and spread of misinformation.

Fair enough, can't say I had heard of that so I accept your point. Next gen will be another board upgrade though and Intel haven't exactly been shy about needing a motherboard upgrade every generation the last 10 years. The one time this isn't a case is when AM4 starts allowing people to upgrade without a board upgrade, coincidence?

Soldato
Aside from the fact that the 9900K can work on most Z370 boards with a BIOS upgrade? THIS is my point exactly. So much bluster and spread of misinformation.
The exception that proves the rule.

Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake 1 all needed new boards.
Haswell needed a new board (and not all Haswell boards could take Devil's Canyon).
Sandy Bridge needed a new board (and not all Sandy Bridge boards could take Ivy Bridge).

Back
Top Bottom