Contact lenses Daily vs Monthly

Caporegime
I've tried contacts a few times through specsavers, I never get past the fit testing, I just can't get them out no matter what I do, whatever technique I use to get them out, I just can't grip them. I end up having raw eyes and the girl has to take them out for me.
My prescription is too "bad" for dailies, I have to have monthlies if I can eventually get them out.
Its very frustrating and embarrassing to fail over and over while the girl is staring at you.

Youtube videos make it look so bloody simple where they can just pinch it and magically sticks to there finger while mine just slides around, no traction whatsoever.
I always found getting them in to be the hard part. Even today after years of use the odd one still goes in the sink :p

Associate
You need to watch out for the incapable and unexperienced optometrists.
If you are wearing eyeglasses for at least 5 years, you can not be fooled for that phrase they are using "foggy vision will disappear in a few days"....bad quality overall

Associate
Why did you join a PC enthusiast forum just to slate opticians? That's essentially what all 3 of your posts are doing.

Here, have this chip. Put it on your other shoulder. Should balance you out.

Associate
I used to be with Spec Savers for 5 years, they are a pain in the butt. Now just order a hell of a lot cheaper online. I find dailies better than monthlys, both priced the same if you know where to shop.

Associate
I highly recommend leave in monthlies.
Air optix night and day aqua is my brand.
Cost slightly more than the monthly ones that you wash every night, but not having to touch your eyes twice daily is a big benefit for me, especially after going to the pub for example.

Rarely do I get less than a month out of them too. Just taken a pair out that I've had in for 8 weeks with no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom