• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So you want to replace your gaming PC with Google Stadia.? You might want to think again...

Permabanned
I hope it dies, I have went back to Firefox and duckduckgo and came to the conclusion that Google are a potentially very scary bunch of people. I get the point about becoming #1 search and browser which is to censor the web and control and see everything people do.

But why stadia and gaming? And who would even want to use it after finding out all of the above creepy stuff they do like censoring your search results.

Associate
It looks awful and I can't imagine it will be great in the UK considering how shoddy most of our network is, might be acceptable if you have FTTP and everything hardwired in the home.

Even then I'd be sceptical - I'm on FTTP and we only get about 50-60Mbps (for £28.99). I think it's going to be a struggle, especially when everyone else in the house is online.

Soldato
It's very interesting watching Stadia communities on the internet. There's so many blatant paid shills posting, I have never seen it be this obvious before.

Exhibit A:

I was blown away as well, and I was just on WiFi. I was shook to my core that I was able to play lag and stutter free, for several hours. I mean I felt like a little kid. I was smiling the whole time. Going from my PC to my TV was something else. When I showed my wife, I literally asked her, “Do you want to see something magic?”

:D

Caporegime
You mean despite insisting that lag can be beaten because the speed of communication actually matters that it.... can't be. I for one am totally and utterly shocked, thank god I watched this because my PC was actually in the bin outside, just managed to save it from the binmen.

Soldato
I didn't mean it was lag free, I meant the lag they experiqnced on the pc wasn't there on the mobile. I thought I clarified that in my next post but I guess I should have just spelled it out.

It's [lag on the phone is] not anywhere near as bad but let's not let that get in the way of a good "i told you so.." ;)

To be absolutely clear, I don't believe it'll be lag free any more than you do, and given their experience on a 1gb connection vs my 20mb it's a complete non starter for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
What made me laugh was the radio interview on Radio 1 where they interviewed a Google guy cant remember who and Google said "we are just doing what the film industry do they have all but got rid of physical media and adopted the Streaming services to deliver content. This has grown incredibly successful. We are just doing the same with the Gaming Industry which is tired and needs a change. Soon there will be no need to buy any physical hardware as this is the future of gaming". Obviously omitting the fact you have to buy the physical hardware controller.

It-just-wont-take-off.

Soldato
I mean it looks utter gash, that being said I admire them for having a crack, it's probably 10 years too early in terms of internet connections but having the ability to play your whole library anywhere with any device is something I wouldn't mind in the future! (That being said I would prefer platform agnostic rather than stuck with Stadia library).

Associate
OP
it's probably 10 years too early in terms of internet connections

I don't know tho. The latency of good internet connection today can be as low as 2ms for return trip to your closest server and that is something you wouldn't notice really but what adds most of the latency (if you are very close to the server) is compression and then decompression of video stream.

Back
Top Bottom