• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
A Proud owner of a Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT.
I took £319 punt when i saw it appeared last Wednesday morning in the clearance section. "B Grade" - which could mean anything really.
But £319! There where a few others available at that point a nitro but that was nearer 400 and a red dragon which was 350-360 i think.

Anyway, I have been testing the card all week and its perfect. No issues I have seen at this point.
Its quiet, temps are good just like the reviews.
Its certainly and improvement over my previous Sapphire Pulse Vega 56.

I will join the club once I get pictures sorted.

Here hope for some more improvements and features in the December driver release

Good choice iv heard the red dragon is a good card for its price.

Do you still get the warranty as its b grade?

OcUK Staff
Am I likely to see any power or bottleneck issues running one of these with a Superflower 650w, 4790K, 16gb ram & a few ssd's?

I suspect 650W will be on the limit to be honest, especially if your overclocking anything, be sure to undervolt the GPU and maybe even the CPU as will no doubt help.

Associate
So is the 5700 stable now in terms of drivers? I've seen conflicting thoughts over the web.

I'm thinking of replacing my Vega 56 Pulse because the coil whine still drives me mad, even after 18 months (can even be heard at 60fps with my headset on). I've seen a few references in this thread to whine on the Nitro and Powercolor models which is sort of holding me back at the moment... Is whine wide spread like it seems to have been on the Vega Pulse?

Associate
So is the 5700 stable now in terms of drivers? I've seen conflicting thoughts over the web.

I'm thinking of replacing my Vega 56 Pulse because the coil whine still drives me mad, even after 18 months (can even be heard at 60fps with my headset on). I've seen a few references in this thread to whine on the Nitro and Powercolor models which is sort of holding me back at the moment... Is whine wide spread like it seems to have been on the Vega Pulse?

Well for me at least the situation has improved greatly since I first got my Nitro+.
No more stuttering in games and the stability seems ok with the Wattman auto-undervolt. If I try to auto-overclock using Wattman though games (and Timespy) crash. I'm not that bothered about this though since I'm getting a pretty big improvement from an old GTX 950!

I can't hear any whine and I'm certainly very sensitive to that type of noise, but I do have mine connected to an 850w PSU so that may help.

Associate
Good choice iv heard the red dragon is a good card for its price.

Do you still get the warranty as its b grade?

You might get some sort of warranty from the manufacturer, which you honestly should, but you might not.
@Gibbo might be able to tell you more.
Apart from that it's 90days from OCUK

Associate
Trying to undervolt my reference card, have memory set to 900 but might decrease that to 890. and power limit to +10 clock is 1920/1031.straight line also as @Panos suggested.

Benchmark in Red Dead highest temp was 83c. But in graph still showing odd gpu spikes all over the place.

Seem to have bit of issue with like texture pop in or something in certain parts. Any Recommendations how get maximum performance.

Soldato
Trying to undervolt my reference card, have memory set to 900 but might decrease that to 890. and power limit to +10 clock is 1920/1031.straight line also as @Panos suggested.

Benchmark in Red Dead highest temp was 83c. But in graph still showing odd gpu spikes all over the place.

Seem to have bit of issue with like texture pop in or something in certain parts. Any Recommendations how get maximum performance.

Reduce the PL.

OcUK Staff
*** DO NOT PURCHASE UNTIL 25TH NOVEMBER ONWARDS *(NEXT MONDAY!)* ***

Hi there

So I've just dropped the prices of our Asus NAVI MBA cards, but you will be thinking well those prices are not so good, but bear with me. If you follow these instructions then you will earn cash back from Asus that will get you to the £249 and £299 price points respectively, you just gotta work for it:

£40 Cashback - Proof of purchase

1. Buy an eligible ASUS Graphics Card between 25th November 2019 and 5th January 2020 at your participating dealer.
  2. Redeem your ASUS Code by registering and uploading your information and invoice – between 9th December 2019 and 19 January 2020.
  3. After a short check we will transfer the cashback to your bank account.
Asus £40 Cashbank Link

£25 Cashback - Leave a Review on OcUK of the product (Rate My Gear)

1. Purchase any valid ASUS product – click here for list of valid products.
  2. Leave a review on the respected websites of purchase. List of Designated website can be found in T&C’s
  3. Submit a registration till 31st January 2020
  4. Receive 25 €/£ Cashback and a chance to win a ROG Hamper and £50 Gamesplanet voucher
Asus £25 Rate My Gear Cashback Link

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £364.99 inc VAT

RX5700XT-8G, Core Clock: 1605MHz, Boost Clock: 1905MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warranty

Only £364.99 inc VAT - £299.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £314.99 inc VAT

RX5700-8G, Core Clock: 1465MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warrant

Only £314.99 inc VAT - £249.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

The STRIX cards are also included in this offer!

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £464.99 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1840MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr

Only £464.99 inc VAT - £399.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £414.95 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1620MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Wa

Only £414.95 inc VAT - £349.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

AMD Raise the Game GPU Bundle - Choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint plus 3 mo @ £98.99 inc VAT

Buy select AMD Radeon™ RX graphics cards and get your choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint*, plus get 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC* and play Gears 5.

Only £98.99 inc VAT - INCLUDED WITH THE ABOVE!!!

ORDER NOW

Let me make it clear, if you buy now, you will not get the £40 cashback, it is only valid for purchases from 25th of November (next Monday) and to get the £25 additional cashback you must leave a review on our site.

Asus are paying the cashback offer not OcUK, so claiming your cashback is strictly between you the customer and Asus directly who shall pay the funds direct into your bank account.

This is nothing short of an incredible deal, even though you gotta put a little effort in the end result is a hugely powerful 1080P/1440P graphics card that are even 4k capable at a totally insane bargain price, remember the AMD games offer to make the value even better and Asus 3yr warranty which OcUK deal with. :)

I've not experienced any issues using a splitter cable on my reference 5700XT. I do have a modular PSU, so can use separate cables, but the extra cable for me just starts to make things look untidy.
I do get the occasional coil whine, but it is generally only on boot-up if me PC hasn't been on for a day. I know, shock horror, a PC not being on 24/7 lol.

Associate
I've not experienced any issues using a splitter cable on my reference 5700XT. I do have a modular PSU, so can use separate cables, but the extra cable for me just starts to make things look untidy.
I do get the occasional coil whine, but it is generally only on boot-up if me PC hasn't been on for a day. I know, shock horror, a PC not being on 24/7 lol.

From what i understand its better to have dedicated Power supply for each connection, its best not to daisy chain.

Associate
Well for me at least the situation has improved greatly since I first got my Nitro+.
No more stuttering in games and the stability seems ok with the Wattman auto-undervolt. If I try to auto-overclock using Wattman though games (and Timespy) crash. I'm not that bothered about this though since I'm getting a pretty big improvement from an old GTX 950!

I can't hear any whine and I'm certainly very sensitive to that type of noise, but I do have mine connected to an 850w PSU so that may help.

Thanks for the thoughts. Still undecided though! Read a lot about poor performance in older games which is still putting me off... Probably driver problems, but still, you don't buy a new card for lower FPS :p

Associate
Currently have Sapphire Stock Reference with quite annoying coil whine. Just placed an order for the Sapphire Nitro Special Edition would it be straight swap when installing?

Also any one recommend where I could sell my reference as only purchased from overclockers in July.

Back
Top Bottom