** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Does the gsync compatibility work for you guys? I don't see any gsyn in nvidia control panel, thought you can activate it even though its a freesync panel

Associate
Does the gsync compatibility work for you guys? I don't see any gsyn in nvidia control panel, thought you can activate it even though its a freesync panel

I had to reinstall drivers for my graphics card.

Also remember to change the refresh rate of the monitor in the nvidia panel.

Associate
I'm at this so far, its still not dialled in exactly as I'd like but good enough for now as a second monitor alongside my PG279Q. My father in law has a calibrator which I'll get him to bring over the next time they are here.

Gamer 1
Black Stabiliser - 50
Response Time - Fast
Brightness - 23
Contrast - 70
Sharpness - 50
Gamma - Mode 1
Colour Temp - 6000K
Black Level - High
DFC - Off

Associate
Ah right, I have both my laptop (HDMI) and my main PC (Displayport) plugged in to it. I guess I should check the DP input setting as well.

Associate
I'm at this so far, its still not dialled in exactly as I'd like but good enough for now as a second monitor alongside my PG279Q. My father in law has a calibrator which I'll get him to bring over the next time they are here.

Gamer 1
Black Stabiliser - 50
Response Time - Fast
Brightness - 23
Contrast - 70
Sharpness - 50
Gamma - Mode 1
Colour Temp - 6000K
Black Level - High
DFC - Off

How is it compared to PG279Q? Is the contrast difference noticable?

Associate
Headphones plugged into the back of the monitor seem kinda quiet. I'm trying to get my Stereo plugged into the back of the desktop (works fine) and the headphones into the monitor so I can switch. Just that the headphones are really quiet. Anyway to boost the output?

Associate
How is it compared to PG279Q? Is the contrast difference noticable?

Not to me, but I’ve not studied it super hard. Other than a slight difference in colour I’m still trying to eradicate they look and feel pretty much identical to me. Less BLB on the LG but the ASUS isn’t bad either.

I wanted a second monitor with the same screen real estate and refresh (i run 144hz day to day on the ASUS) so I could move seamlessly between them and it works great for that, and it’s significantly cheaper than another PG279Q.

Associate
Got mine and it was well worth the upgrade and wait, only problem, my old 8 year Philips looks awful beside it now. I do have a few questions though if anyone can help.

Did everyone's drives just update automatically? I don't have a cd drive so do I need to download both sets of windows drivers from the LG site and Onscreen Control?

Do I want to use both the Displayport and HDMI cables at the same time or just the one? Is there any benefit to using both of them?

My old Philips is now using a VGA connection and I used to use a HDMI cable for this but im guessing with a 970 card, I can only have one cable being used at a time?

This part im about to ask is abit confusing ill try to explain as best as I can.
When I loaded up the Windows display settings and Nvidia control panel were showing that I had two monitors and there was quite a gap in switching between my two monitors. I looked into it more and it seems like It was counting the lg as a seperate HDMI and Displayport monitor and one could be turned on for HDR. This somehow fixed itself and I have no idea why and the Displayport option is on at the moment and the only one showing in both. Anyone have any idea why?

I think in the Nvidia control panel, it was showing the Displayport with 144hz and the HDMI with 100hz, is this normal?

I believe using the fastest setting will leave pixel trailing? Will this actually damage the screen in anyway or the longevity of it?

Whats the ideal settings to be using for RPG games and possibly mmo style games, i do want to try get the best picture possible. You can't have every single thing turned on can you, i.e. g-sync, HDR, 144hz etc.

Sorry is thats a bit long but im just trying to learn everything about this. Thanks for any help.

Associate
Just use the DisplayPort to your LG, no reason to have both cables and it sounds like it’s causing windows to treat it as 2 monitors.

Adaptive sync can only go to 100hz on hdmi but 144hz on DisplayPort, hence the difference you are seeing.

I didn’t need drivers, the generic windows driver was fine. I did download the LG onscreen control but it triggered anti cheat in something I was playing (Gears of War 5) so won’t be using again.

Associate
Is the adaptive sync in the screen menu, the option for having g-sync enabled? Ive got no g-sync option in my nvidia control panel.

I had to download latest nvidia drivers and install them before I saw the gsync item in the nvidia panel.

Associate
Been wanted to get this monitor for a while now, any chance we have news on the stock levels of this monitor?
I sent them a webnote and just got a response,

"I can confirm that we've just had a shipment but these all went to pending pre-orders, next allocation will be nominal but are expected by the end of December"

I'm Just going to pre-order myself one and wait till they come in and sent out

Last edited:
Associate
So my LG just randomly died today, no idea if it's the monitor itself or the power supply. No power and no light , nothing :(

I stumbbled upon few of posts like yours already and it's a bit concerning. There where few people on reddit reporting the same problem. But few of them said that it works fine on other sytems.

Back
Top Bottom