World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
If your idea of fun is getting shredded by max level players when you're level 10 then go for it, but we all bounced from PVP servers because it's serving zero purpose other than to make people think their mums should've swallowed.

No level60 is going to gank your level10 character simply because they cant (unless you allow it by flagging), nearly all of the lvl1-20 content will take place in zones that are Alliance/Horde controlled; Loch Modan, Westfall, Darkshore and so on.

Associate
Yes but "killing it" really? Maybe you just massively outnumber the Hordes that are choosing to take part, that doesn't mean the alliance are "killing it" it just means you have numbers.

So you have all your pre raid BiS, full consumables, farmed everything you need and are bang ready to rock and roll come p2? or you are a raid logger in a guild that isn't fussed about all of that and is just happy to clear content at a relaxed pace?
There is plenty to do in the game, you just have to choose to do it. More content isn't required to play the game and do new things.

I feel you keep quoting me with the "killing it" not that it makes much different but i said "Killing us" as in the Horde.

But aye you are correct its because they have the numbers - I just enjoy watching/reading the drama on the discord... they are acting like gods/massive tryhards.

Associate
It's always been like that, It's annoying yes, but, that's just part and parcel of playing on a PVP server. It gets better when you get to places like STV or Hillsbrad. Not too bad when you're leveling a second toon, as you just have your main (or other 60 toon) near by so you can repay the ganking. Call it Karma.

You do realise that nearly every flight master is being camped, along with loads of quest givers, dungeon entrances and towns in general. As diddums said if your spending more time corpse running than playing the game then people will simply stop playing. Also the pops were never this high in actual vanilla, and now we have a new breed of virgins who group up and do nothing all day but gank spots that require zero skill. I'm lucky i got my main to 60 and geared up so i don't need to travel much so i feel for people leveling especially newer players. I don't mind pvping against one or two but come on when its constantly 5-20 on your ass then that is just going to stop you wanting to login.

Soldato
You do realise that nearly every flight master is being camped, along with loads of quest givers, dungeon entrances and towns in general. As diddums said if your spending more time corpse running than playing the game then people will simply stop playing. Also the pops were never this high in actual vanilla, and now we have a new breed of virgins who group up and do nothing all day but gank spots that require zero skill. I'm lucky i got my main to 60 and geared up so i don't need to travel much so i feel for people leveling especially newer players. I don't mind pvping against one or two but come on when its constantly 5-20 on your ass then that is just going to stop you wanting to login.

Yes I do realise, it's how it was when the game was first released and it's the same now with Classic. People didn't like it then and of course don't now. The way round it is to, if you can, pick a better time to play, that isn't peak time. Nothing you can do about it other than that.

Feel your frustration, but, it was like that in vanilla.

Caporegime
**** all that, I just moved to a PVE server. Let all the losers pick on each other whilst I actually achieve stuff. I'll pvp in BGs when they come out. Cba with wpvp.

Caporegime
No level60 is going to gank your level10 character simply because they cant (unless you allow it by flagging), nearly all of the lvl1-20 content will take place in zones that are Alliance/Horde controlled; Loch Modan, Westfall, Darkshore and so on.

Don't be that guy, I reduced the level for dramatic effect, but I suspect you knew this.

Associate
Yes I do realise, it's how it was when the game was first released and it's the same now with Classic. People didn't like it then and of course don't now. The way round it is to, if you can, pick a better time to play, that isn't peak time. Nothing you can do about it other than that.

Feel your frustration, but, it was like that in vanilla.

Not sure what realm(s) you played on, but i played on a couple (horde and alliance) and it was never anywhere near as bad as it is today. Oh look bgs have been announced early...what could have made them do that?

Soldato
OP
Welp, got sick of leveling so took a break on my new Druid. Lv24, I was sat in Hillsbrad farms ganking poor Horde. Mostly mages aoe farming. As they were all my level, more often than not, a few higher. I was raking in honour. I got 32 kills within an hour! Did I feel terrible? Absolutely. Do I regret it? Not one bit.

It was a lot of fun, at one point, there were high level Horde searching all over on their mounts for me, so I'd hide away in stealth, go make a tea, watch a youtube video and then get back to it after the heat died down.

Soldato
Not sure what realm(s) you played on, but i played on a couple (horde and alliance) and it was never anywhere near as bad as it is today. Oh look bgs have been announced early...what could have made them do that?

You must have played on lower populated servers then? I was on Ravencrest, one of the largest servers. For our server it was just how it was. Sure people moaned, but they just got on with it, or logged their level 60 and returned the pain. BGS announced early because of people quitting i'm guessing.

Last edited:
Associate
You must have played on lower populated servers then? I was on Ravencrest, one of the largest servers. For our server it was just how it was. Sure people moaned, but they just got on with it, or logged their level 60 and returned the pain. BGS announced early because of people quitting i'm guessing.

Well depends if you were on the heavily outnumbered side now and back then. Just don't feel like corspse running when trying to do anything in the game, everything seems to involve pvp (i say pvp very loosely). Also a low pop classic realm is equal to a high pop vanilla so it just amplifies the problem.

Soldato
Well depends if you were on the heavily outnumbered side now and back then. Just don't feel like corspse running when trying to do anything in the game, everything seems to involve pvp (i say pvp very loosely). Also a low pop classic realm is equal to a high pop vanilla so it just amplifies the problem.

I'd say Alliance slightly out numbered Horde (which I played). Did you play Vanilla like you're playing Classic now? If so, surely you knew what to expect with now on a PVP server?

I don't play Classic nor have any intentions. Redoing something I did back in 2005 just doesn't entertain me.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd say Alliance slightly out numbered Horde (which I played). Did you play Vanilla like you're playing Classic now? By that, I mean, surely you knew what to expect with Classic on a PVP server?

I don't play Classic nor have any intentions. Redoing something I did back in 2005 just doesn't entertain me.

Well i am not talking about being slighly outnumbered, its a grief fest all through the day. No i did not remember that experience from vanilla, there was ganking of course here and there but nothing like this.

Soldato
Well i am not talking about being slighly outnumbered, its a grief fest all through the day. No i did not remember that experience from vanilla, there was ganking of course here and there but nothing like this.

You must have been on a low pop server in Vanilla then, as it happened all the time, as it does now with you. Best time to level back in the day was at this sort of time. Like I already said, have another toon near by to return the favour to whoever is ganking you (if you have one). Or if it's that bad and annoying you, there is always that option to move to a none PVP server. What level are you and where are you leveling?

Ganking and world PVP is what made the game so great back then.

Last edited:
Associate
You must have been on a low pop server in Vanilla then, as it happened all the time, as it does now with you. Best time to level back in the day was at this sort of time.

I just want to point out that its important to remember the scale of Classic servers compared with the Vanilla experience. The servers now hold what, 4x the player capacity as Vanilla servers did? It was never the norm to have multiple, full raids roaming through zones in Vanilla but it is now (BRM, Hillsbrad etc) simply because there's more players and more scope for this to happen. The old SS>TM battles were only ever 50v50 affairs not 300v300. The downside of all this is that its much harder to go somewhere else to find safety/peace if you don't want to pvp.

I don't have an issue with any of this and I personally think its great having wpvp and the thrill that goes with it which is why I play on a PvP realm. But just keep in mind the whole Classic/Vanilla comparisons don't really work.

Caporegime
Yes I do know what i'm talking about, as the whole idea of Classic is to be like Vanilla. Just because I don't wish to play it, that doesn't stop me wanting to discuss, or take interest in its development.

Correct, but it does mean you have zero context upon which to base your input, ergo, have no idea what you're talking about.

This is of course discounting the fact that 15 years of faded memories adds more variables to your ideas than there are in the whole Blizzard universe.

By all means come have this discussion when you've played for a while, but until you've actually experienced what we're all experiencing, your input is about as relevant as me commenting on what wheel material to use on the next Mars rover.

Soldato
You must have been on a low pop server in Vanilla then, as it happened all the time, as it does now with you. Best time to level back in the day was at this sort of time. Like I already said, have another toon near by to return the favour to whoever is ganking you (if you have one). Or if it's that bad and annoying you, there is always that option to move to a none PVP server. What level are you and where are you leveling?

Ganking and world PVP is what made the game so great back then.
Yes I do know what i'm talking about, as the whole idea of Classic is to be like Vanilla. Just because I don't wish to play it, that doesn't stop me wanting to discuss, or take interest in its development.

I played on Vek 'nilash and Ravencrest back in Vanilla/TBC onwards. What we are seeing today never happened back then not even close.

You're suggestions and the way you are talking about back in the day seems to cover very limited situations of getting ganked / corpse camped. Sure that happened back in the day, that is not what is happening now with wPVP. wPVP back in classic was on a much smaller / infrequent scale, flight masters all over the world weren't camped, and paths to instances weren't camped either.

Now we are seeing 20+ man raids minimum all over the world map basically corpse camping and griefing due to numbers advantage. Alliance all over are turning to gorilla warfare tactics of hit and run and smaller groups if they want to pvp, and the ones that just want to get in to an instance are measuring distance to the instance portal in corpse runs. This never happened in classic.

So no, you don't have a clue what your talking about with regards to todays situation in classic as this never happened on this scale back in Vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom