Indoor security standalone camera?

Soldato
Hi,
A relative has dementia, no reported wrong doings. However they have unexplained marks on their face. We are not sure if anyone is visiting in supported living.

I want to put a security camera in the living room to view the front door and most of the the living room to see and hear if anything untoward goes on. They are not sleeping in their own bed because they think people are visiting and staying etc. They aren't we don't think but it is real in their head. I don't want anything intrusive.
We have power of attorney over money, health and everything to ensure they never do without and have regular visits and phone calls.
These scratches were quite deep and symmetrical which concerns me if someone's grabbed them.

Can anyone recommend one which plugs into a plug socket and can take a 48hr SD card?

Soldato
Does it need to hidden or inconspicuous? if not then look at the neos cameras as can be viewed from cloud and cost only £25 quid. You can also stick an SD card in them and then look back at the footage but you need to take it out of camera as they have not added that to the software yet.

Associate
Does it need to hidden or inconspicuous? if not then look at the neos cameras as can be viewed from cloud and cost only £25 quid. You can also stick an SD card in them and then look back at the footage but you need to take it out of camera as they have not added that to the software yet.

I was recommend the neos smartcam too. Very cheap and with a sizable SD card will record 24/7 and hold about 5-7 days worth of low res (about 360p) footage. It will also record any motion or sound (though there is a delay between each activation) in much higher quality that can be accessed remotely. It's not gonna be anything incredible but they're very small, cheap, and probably enough for what you're after.

Soldato
Lad at work has just been talking about a Xiaomi camera he purchased for around £30-35

He has placed his in his garage which is pitch black inside, as this has night vision, and he checked in on his phone and was showing it to me, looks really good.

360' rotation via his phone, movement alerts, sd card, night vision, cloud storage optional after the 7 free days and it has built-in intercom capabilities. It just needs either an SD card, internet connection or look at a cheap mobile with monthly contract and decent data and use it as a wifi hub for the camera.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the offer Sonny but I'll look into these others first as I can have a look at specs and see what we need.

Thanks for the other suggestions, all I need is an SD card to record for a couple of days. Doesn't have to be HD, just show faces at the door about 6-7m away?

Soldato
To be honest most cams these days even the neos is 1080p and dont take much space so you will get plenty footage stored on a neos with a 32GB SD. Also with it having free 12 second cloud recording its basically going to capture all the movement and store it anyway for 14 days in the cloud. Cant go wrong that or yi cam for £25 quid.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Lad at work has just been talking about a Xiaomi camera he purchased for around £30-35

He has placed his in his garage which is pitch black inside, as this has night vision, and he checked in on his phone and was showing it to me, looks really good.

360' rotation via his phone, movement alerts, sd card, night vision, cloud storage optional after the 7 free days and it has built-in intercom capabilities. It just needs either an SD card, internet connection or look at a cheap mobile with monthly contract and decent data and use it as a wifi hub for the camera.

I ended up with two of these, great value and work very very well.

Back
Top Bottom