Best Handheld Ever - Opinions?

Soldato
You won't regret the switch, I was on the fence for over a year and snapped on up and now constantly on it lol
You need the Zelda remake it's AMAZING!
Funnily enough; I chanced that bundle with a hint I might get BOTW by a mistake. I did!

I completed Links on the OG GB but may revisit it!

Associate
If you asked me 2 years ago i would say psp or ps vita.

When both those came out they were way ahead of their game. I have purchased on the vita most games i have ever bought in a console by far. I used quite a lot the remote play ability when the tv was occupied. I missed though the ability to watch movies on the go that the psp had.

It is such a shame how they dealt with it though and journalists bassed it because the vita's ports were worse quality that the ps3 or even worse ps4 games. What did people expect really. And the price was way off in the stupid memory card and the price of the portable.

I personally liked that the Vita got Resident Evil Revelations 2! The whole game on a portable, fair enough it takes 1 minute to load if you die from a cartidge!

I loved how you could play on the go and if you owned the game on ps3 or ps4 you could continue on ps3/4 with cross save and cross play.

Hence why i think the Switch is hands down the best portable now. Because you can play on the go and then on the big screen without faffing with save uploading, owning the game 2 times etc...

I did have an atari Lynx and that was waaaay ahead of the others in my opinion.

Soldato
Hands down the PSP for me, I'm a big fan of JRPG's and it's by far the best portable system for those. The fact you could run almost everything from older systems on one was a plus.

Never been a big Nintendo fan personally, the only games by them I ever really made a point of playing were Starwing/Starfox and Mario Kart. I had friends who owned Gameboys but I never found them that appealing, I couldn't get away with playing on a black and white screen.

Soldato
I’m going to be uncool and go with the Switch. It’s changed handheld gaming for me.

Switch for me too. Game changer, playing Breath Of The Wild on a translatlantic flight for the first time....for the first time handheld gaming no longer had to be a compromise.

Soldato
I'd say psp as well, I did have earlier handhelds such as Gameboy color and Gameboy advance but I enjoyed psp more and the modding scene was great too.

Back
Top Bottom