Multi Input Speaker

Soldato
Hi all,

For some time I have been trying to find a suitable product or solution that will allow me to do the following...

To connect a number of devices to a single speaker (or a couple) if possible. I have a TV, Xbox, PC, iPhone/tablet and would like to be able to play the audio for each of these, no necessarily at the same time but depends on what is suggested.

Is something like this possible? Hopefully I have explained it reasonably!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response.

Do you have any ideas of models that might be suitable? I have had a look at sound bars previously but never able to find something that quite fits the requirements.

Any help appreciated :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Thanks again all for the responses.

The Logitech Z906 sounds like the inputs would support my needs. However it’s a full surround sound system so probably a little bit overkill for me. The wired aspect would also be quite messy.

I guess the AV receiver might be an idea but I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions of good models please? Could this hook up to a single speaker or perhaps a couple if that’s what would be needed?

Cheers

Soldato
I think there are some soundbars that have 2 optical inputs. Whether they will have Bluetooth as well though, I don't know. As for stereo speakers, it's unlikely you would find any with 2 optical inputs. Single speakers that aren't a soundbar, are likely just going be Bluetooth, as most are designed for portable use. For anything with one optical connection, an optical switch is an option.

Other than the Creative Katana soundbar, there is also some active stereo speakers that have Bluetooth, optical and analogue input, such as; Tibo Plus 1.1, 2.1 and 3.1. They have Bluetooth, optical and analogue inputs. They're all stereo speakers; 1.1, 2.1 and 3.1 are just model numbers, with 3.1 being the largest. There's also Steljes NS3. Possibly a few more besides...

An AV receiver is another option, as already mentioned. Not all budget models have more than one optical though. Denon AVR-X250BT does, along with Bluetooth.

For speakers, you'd want stereo at least, if you're looking at getting an AV receiver. They don't have single speaker output. If you connect one speaker (which you could actually do if you really wanted), you'd end up missing audio from the other channels where speakers aren't connected. Stereo is the minimum output.

Most cost effective option would likely be a pair of the Tibo Plus speakers and an optical switch to allow you to connect more devices. Best quality would be an AV receiver and a pair of bookshelf speakers.

If you have a Richer Sounds store in your area, you could pop in and ask for a demo. They sell the Tibo Plus speakers, so you could compare those against an AV receiver and bookshelf speakers. You'd get an idea then of whether paying extra for an AV receiver + speakers, is worth it to you.

Back
Top Bottom