PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Crazy final clutch by Faze there! 18 kill win. Will have to watch it back, but reading some of the comments it looked liked it was sudden death for the last 3 teams alive in that last match; who ever died was out?! Not taking anything away from Faze, but some are also saying that they were "enabled" by other teams playing much more "loose" due to it being the final match.

Vote wise - I think you'd be hard pushed not to vote for 4AM. I've also been impressed with TSM this tournament, they seem to have done their homework. So they are 2 votes for me.

Then the other picks: Lazarus and QM at the top of the leaderboard. Can Faze ride that hype into the final, considering an otherwise poor semi performance?

EJoZJoBUEAEtck9.jpg:large

Soldato
I agree, teams playing "loose" in the final round when the stakes were low (i.e. they had already qualified) is quite common, happened in the last phase of PEL between FaZe and TSM who went looking for earlier fights between themselves, rather than looking for placement points or the win.

Tempo Storm and the OGN teams seem like the dark horses in the race this year.

Assuming they play 18 games in the finals, its still a low enough quantity of games that if you have a small bad run then you are likely out of the running. Its like 4 day golf tournaments, you cant win it on the first two days but you can lose it.

As such, I'm not sure there is too much you can read from the first two weekends in terms of teams in form. That said, TSM and 4AM have been good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched the day back and that final match was insane for FaZe. At one point they had 3 alive, on 32 points and at phase 4, then at another point there was just one player up with 2 knocked and they still didn't go down. To then go on to win that game was incredible.

Associate
Just watched the day back and that final match was insane for FaZe. At one point they had 3 alive, on 32 points and at phase 4, then at another point there was just one player up with 2 knocked and they still didn't go down. To then go on to win that game was incredible.
Agreed - I also re-watched game 6 via Break's stream - What a match! Even knowing the final result, I was still shocked at how close it was!! Almost scripted that the last 3 teams were 17,18,19th fighting for the 16th spot

Associate
Put 4 PGC votes in for the finals: 4AM, Faze, TSM and Lazarus

On another note, pushing for 6k in Squad FPP this season. Decent session last night 4 wins out of 6 games:

8PLeOgw.png
CzcojUr.png

Associate
Nice! Played four games last night with one win and 8 kills playing as a squad of three. Managing to keep my kd around 1.6 with average damage just above 200.

I may have purchased Break skins.
Good stuff dude!

Haha, I will also be purchasing the Break skins - I always give him my Prime sub :)

Caporegime
little weak last night one win. season going well though 59 wins out of 226 games 26 percent win ratio. will be interesting to see how the ranking is for 6000. also if its working as should be . still prefer the old way where you lost points for playing bad and anything 2000 plus was decent. when you got to 2100 you basically had to be top 3 every game with kills or top 1 or 2 every game. which made it challenging. its still too easy. maybe you wont progress at high 5000s guess we will see soon. currently 5207.

new vikendi big update is out so looking forward to tonights game seeing whats changed.

Associate
Not keen on the Vikendi changes I've seen - I know many dislike it for the performance / number of compounds, but it's our favourite map due to the uniqueness of the towns and roof gameplay etc. Seems they have tried to bring it in line with the other maps now, for the sake of Competitive :rolleyes:

Soldato
I haven't played the new Vikendi yet, but I am a bit disappointed that they have butchered Volnova so much.

It used to be an iconic town with lots of rooftop fighting and a cool walled city....now its no different to all the rest :(

Caporegime
it was a crap town tbh. just roof campers. the buildings wernt ideal for looting also its a trap. what they have done is make it more accessible and worth visiting with chance of getting in and out. which is what you want.

vikendi is our fav map also. thats why im looking forward to seeing how it fairs now.

Soldato
Not keen on the Vikendi changes I've seen - I know many dislike it for the performance / number of compounds, but it's our favourite map due to the uniqueness of the towns and roof gameplay etc. Seems they have tried to bring it in line with the other maps now, for the sake of Competitive :rolleyes:

I've always found it funny that the game shys away from using the latest map versions in comp, doesn't use Vikendi at all and only uses Sanhok occasionally as if they are embarrassed by it!

Surely their aims should be to show off the game as much as possible, to that end I still don't understand why they don't use the latest version of Erangel.

My only guess is that it is performance related.

Caporegime
I've always found it funny that the game shys away from using the latest map versions in comp, doesn't use Vikendi at all and only uses Sanhok occasionally as if they are embarrassed by it!

Surely their aims should be to show off the game as much as possible, to that end I still don't understand why they don't use the latest version of Erangel.

My only guess is that it is performance related.

its none of that lol. its so people know the maps inside out also many dont like sanhok in comp play. thats why its mainly erangel and miramar. the other maps will come in as more learn them. or as they change them.

just played first go on new vikendi not sure why they removed half the buildings. seems barren now. won first game. :D

Soldato
They have completely ruined vikendi and now the 90% pl is back on the servers and I got disconnected only to return to being killed.

They have removed half the buildings from Vekendi to make it more like pubg lite so **** PC's can run it

Not impressed at all.

Soldato
It was supposed to be 2.0, including the ability to turn off your vehicle engines, but some of the pros were saying they get around 30fps in late game, so they ditched the new map for now.

Yeah, I thought it was performance related.

I think one of the Lazarus guys was saying they were getting sub 50 fps at the later circles with 50 alive, 20 smokes out and 10 cars driving around.

Soldato
I'm not sure you play against 40 people alive in final 2 circles with a bazzilion smokes going off

I think you will find that's mostly the case now we are up there with the top 1% of players in match making.

I think they have papered over the cracks of the poor optimization in the game and poor coding by just removing half the content from the map and turning it into pubg lite.

Back
Top Bottom