*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
I would agree with Rofflay if the Battlefield series was still trying to be historically accurate/realistic, but they threw that rule out the window with BF1, so anything goes now IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had character creation in the next game.

Man of Honour
I would agree with Rofflay if the Battlefield series was still trying to be historically accurate/realistic, but they threw that rule out the window with BF1, so anything goes now IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had character creation in the next game.

I think there is a difference between completely warping the setting and not being historically accurate though - personally I have no problem with the addition of female characters as playable options, etc. but where they initially went with it in BF5 was way out of line IMO.

Soldato
I realise I'm very late to the game but I ran into an issue: frequent, random CTD with no errors.

A quick web search revealed that I'm not the only one and there are a plethora of possible fixes.

I quickly scanned through them to decide which sounded the most promising and I think I cracked it at the second attempt (fingers crossed).

First, I uninstalled my Killer Network suite and replaced it with the appropriate Killer "driver only", umm, driver (from here. Scroll down to "driver only packages" and choose the one that matches your specific network adapter). This may have improved things but I was still getting random CTDs.

Then I cleared my Origin cache (instructions here) and I managed to get over an hour of play without a single crash.

Still early days but it looks promising.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fun game last night, one gimp up 87-5 but of course wasn't hacking, despite a spectator saying he was firing through walls etc. :rolleyes:

PT3wNfk.jpg

Taken just before the round ended.

Caporegime
Fun game last night, one gimp up 87-5 but of course wasn't hacking, despite a spectator saying he was firing through walls etc. :rolleyes:

Taken just before the round ended.

Sounds like the guy I came across in the [BENZ] clan! Doing something like 40/3 in the early part of the round as a riflemen... Sure that's not the most suspicious of reasons, but I was hiding low in the grass yet to be seen and within 10mins this guy comes straight over and stabs me. There was no other units about and no flares gone up. I questioned it and he said " You killed me before ". Say what? lol

Caporegime
Sounds like the guy I came across in the [BENZ] clan! Doing something like 40/3 in the early part of the round as a riflemen... Sure that's not the most suspicious of reasons, but I was hiding low in the grass yet to be seen and within 10mins this guy comes straight over and stabs me. There was no other units about and no flares gone up. I questioned it and he said " You killed me before ". Say what? lol

I don't see many hackers but the ones i do come across don;t even attempt to hide it. When the game was first released there was some weird hack where they could be in their spawn and destroy vehicles that just spawned in seconds. I spawned in with a tiger tank and before i got moving it was blown up by people on the other side of the map.

Caporegime
After a few games tonight i find it amusing that in a game that has had visibility issues since the first test they introduced the pacific and a ton of foliage to make people even harder to spot. :p

Caporegime
Caporegime
Another cheater another server, never known so many people cheating as this game!

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Manuelezio/overview

K/D 9.80 Top 0.2%

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1196805588162972480?handle=Manuelezio
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1196793745916094336?handle=Manuelezio

Killing people across the map doing ALL headshots using a machine gun mounted on tank.

People don't even try and hide it these days, they just go all out tard mode. Sad thing is it's usually likely that the team he's on has people defending him if people are getting ****** in the ingame chat.

Caporegime
People don't even try and hide it these days, they just go all out tard mode. Sad thing is it's usually likely that the team he's on has people defending him if people are getting ****** in the ingame chat.

Called out another cheater last night, the enemy side was quick to defend him.

Just getting ridiculous now, when was the last time this game had any anti cheat updates? We need server admins :(

To be be fair I have been called a cheat as have most people I know, so it isn't always the case.

Saying that, yes, this is by far the worst BF series game for cheating. My guess is there is zero Anti Cheat Active. The only bans come from reporting people and for obvious reasons these take months to be enforced.

On another note: bloody game runs like garbage for me now. Massive stuttering, walking forward, teleport back 5/10 metres then continue running forward. Can't find any issue with my own connection and nothing else has changed :(

Associate
Make sure you have plenty of CC guys. The new vehicles are 6 tier upgrades. I have basically blown everything getting all 4 planes to level 6!

I have some spare, shame you can't gift them to people! :D:D

Capture.jpg

Don
New update feels weird for me.

Seems to take longer to kill people, I'm usually pretty reserved with my shooting, aim to kill 4 people with one clip from most assault or medic guns, last night I stopped shooting before the critical 'kill' bullet far too often.

Just feels 'off'

Associate
This new update not DICE dumbing the game down for the Xmas noob fest? Maybe it'll go back to to how it was in mid January.
They should make coconuts a throw-able item on Pacific, would be more effective than the STG is now. :rolleyes:

Soldato
This is nothing more than an attention seeking tactic, same as this time last year. Kill the one thing 99% of the player base agree's is good the the game, create mass up roar, then put it back to how it was just in time for xmas and every-one love's DICE again singing their praises on how they listen to the community.

Back
Top Bottom