Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
Same, I'm not feeling any replay value so Ill just finish the story and then uninstall it before the month of subscription is up.

I really dont care about side content or DLC etc.

Soldato
Its their problem they lack interesting content :D

This game isnt worth its full price tag. But then none of EA's games are. Like most people probably did, I subscribed to download and play the game once then immediately cancelled.

I did the same with Outter Worlds for £1. Turns out that was mediocre and not worth the price either.

Last edited:
Associate
Just completed it. I'd give it 7/10 overall. A great first chapter followed by a few hours of tedious gameplay but picks up nicely from the 4trh chapter and remains there.

Associate
I echo the above sentiments (including The Outer Worlds)

What a poor year for us gamers it has been

My only personal hopes until Cyberpunk is to possibly buy Red Dead 2 and maybe Control?

Associate
I echo the above sentiments (including The Outer Worlds)

What a poor year for us gamers it has been

My only personal hopes until Cyberpunk is to possibly buy Red Dead 2 and maybe Control?
Red dead is amazing a must play imo, also enjoyed control it was different in a good way

Caporegime
Just as an aside I
Went to Dathomir, spoke to the 'mysterious stranger' and seemed to get stuck there. Do I need some special long jump to get past this point? Also Nightbrother warriors are a PITA as they just flip when you force push them!

Soldato
PS: game can be tweaked beyond epic

r.SSR.MaxRoughness 0.8
r.ShadowQuality 5
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels 5
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale 0.20
r.BloomQuality 5
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold 0.01
r.Shadow.MaxResolution 4096
r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution 4096
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades 10
//fov 49
r.Shadow.CSMDepthBias 5
r.Shadow.SpotLightDepthBias 0
r.Shadow.SpotLightTransitionScale 400
r.Shadow.PointLightDepthBias 0
r.ViewDistanceScale 1.5

https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm

Soldato
My two pence's worth guys... I feel compelled to share these thoughts, particularly as the modern day culture is to pick holes in everything and I wouldn't want anyone to read such comments and subsequently miss out on what really is a great Star Wars experience and game. The fact that its compared to Tomb Raider is, in my opinion, a good thing as the new TR games are excellent and a joy to play through. It's clear that they have taken some of the best gameplay elements from the most popular modern games and used it a basis to build a great Star Wars single player game. It's also apparent that significant thought and attention to detail has went in to making this feel like a modern version of the older games such as Jedi Academy. Indeed, I only played Jedi Academy for the first time a couple of years back and it really does remind of that game at times, particularly with the settings and level design. I personally can't see how they could have made it much better than it is (apart from maybe a female main character of similar hotness to Miss Croft :D). No way this game is any less than an 8 out of 10 imho and it being Star Wars adds on a least another point!

Associate
I personally can't see how they could have made it much better than it is (apart from maybe a female main character of similar hotness to Miss Croft :D).

giphy.gif

14o3USk

Soldato
Way too much jumping it is basically tomb raider with a light sabre , and not a good tomb raider I might add.

6/10

Yea probably a 6 from me as well. 90% of the game is jump puzzles on poorly designed map layouts. Not even fun ones.

It should have been much better. They should have had a choice of main characters too because the ginger guy looks odd :p

Last edited:
Soldato
£14.99 EA Access, that to me was yep, that is how to play this game, then realised I not only got Jedi Fallen but Titan Fall 2 and need for speed and a bucket load of other games, EA is hated, but.... I can't really complain, I got a lot of AAA EA games for £14.99, I'm half tempted to just give EA the yearly fee, as all these games will keep me playing for a year : - )

Anyhow Jedi Fallen order, I'm extremely impressed, its a good single player star wars game, its no Dark Forces II but.... Its certainly not the force unleashed either

Its like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Dark Souls in one game with a star Wars skin, impressive lol

Back
Top Bottom