Macbook repair companies

Soldato
Hi,

I have a 2015 Macbook Air 11" i5 Model A1465 EMC2924. it doesnt turn on at all. It has a green charge light but just wont do anything. Anyone know of any common problems on these that cause this issue. I have confirmed the charger works with a different macbook and it's an official charger. I'm thinking most likely a logic board issue but can't find any decent companies near by to repair it. Anyone any experience of sending it away to get fixed and can offer any suggestions would be appreciated as its just a brick now it's worth a punt.

Commissario
You can search on the Apple website for your nearest store or authorised repairer. I use a company local to me but as you're beyond the wall I think it may be a wee bit far to travel!

Soldato
God sake don't take it to Apple, you will get severely ripped off.
There is a place in Nottingham you can try
The computer room (terrible website though)
Once fixed an iPhone for me and couldn't fault the service.

Soldato
How confident are you with repairs? On the Logicboard, there are a set of pads that can power on the unit if you create a connection with a screwdriver etc (google your model and 'power on pads'). I would take the bottom casing off if you got the right screwdrivers, unplug the battery and try that. This way you can rule out the Top casing/keyboard which is quite a common cause. If it still doesn't work, next you can try unplugging everything except fan and try the pads again (fan is to tell if it'r running or not, not that we're bothered about temps for now). If it boots, plug things in one by one until it fails again.If not then you might well be correct and have a faulty Logicboard.

Soldato
Where about are you in Scotland @Dave85 ? My iMac fusion drive recently packed up (the mechanical HDD part). I decided to take the chance to replace the fusion drive with full PCI-E SSD blade and took it to Titan IT repairs in Glasgow - https://titanrepairs.co.uk

Found them to be reasonable on cost and they turned it around within a few days.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
OP
Thanks valo im in Dundee, Will take a look at some local companies as well as that one.

dirtybeatfreak tried your suggestion but with no power on so guess the logic board is either fried or the charger is not getting power to the board. It goes green then orange so sounds like a board repair is needed. Even paying for a board repair it will still sell for a good amount more as i got it free :)

Soldato
Thanks valo im in Dundee, Will take a look at some local companies as well as that one.

dirtybeatfreak tried your suggestion but with no power on so guess the logic board is either fried or the charger is not getting power to the board. It goes green then orange so sounds like a board repair is needed. Even paying for a board repair it will still sell for a good amount more as i got it free :)

Ahh unlucky mate, was worth a try and usually one of the first things I would try with these symptoms. If the orange light is coming on then the battery is receiving charge so charge circuit should be fine however by the sounds of it I think you're correct, the Logicboard could be damaged (other than the power management on the logic I mean).

Soldato
OP
Sent it to a company I found on ebay that did no fix no fee. Was repaired within 3 hours of arriving at the company. Phoned me and confirmed some corrosion and an issue with a logic board that needed a few bits replaced. Sorted and sent back to me next day ups for £150 seemed a pretty good deal and now it's like new and warrantied for 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom