Screenwash ratios

Soldato
The question is what does that give me over the 5l pre mix I can buy from tesco for less than £3?

Cleans well, doesnt streak. Plus what does that work out at per liter at -6c. Or even -14, had a few spells last year that saw around -10.

Soldato
I buy the Autoglym concentrate when it's on offer in Halfords, I put the full 500ml bottle into a 5 litre container and fill with water most of the year and then two bottles when it starts to get colder.

Soldato
OP
I couldn't be bothered to take it back for 50p and just used the concentrate. I did 40 sw/60 water. The reservoir from empty seemed endless but it took 3 and a bit fill ups which was 3.25 litres of diluted fluid.

Permabanned
I’ve used a few different types. Sonax which was good stuff until I noticed it started congealing so stopped using it (possibly due to potential mixing with other types I’ve used?).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-0271...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001002M28

Brought some prestone for use in the work van. Works as intended and free because work paid for it :).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prestone-P...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07QX13TXB

Out of all of them I still prefer the Halfords Berry mix. I think I dilute it down to 20% so it lasts me quite a while.

Soldato
Last year I ran BMWs summer stuff at 1000:1 and never froze once, they gave me a 1L bottle of winter stuff at my last service so if I need to top up again I'll just use that. I don't seem to have an issue with it ever freezing up.

Caporegime
Does a windscreen not go lower in temp that the ambient temperature?

That’s not possible, however the wind does mean the temperature drops much closer to ambient than it otherwise would with heat in the car.

I use -35 stuff neat and it still freezes on really cold days if used when driving due to this. Stuff designed for -10 is probably not going to have that issue in the UK though, so not really worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom