• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** BLACK FRIDAY NOW LIVE - GO GO GO!! *****

OcUK Staff
GO GO GO GUYS!

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS LIVE!!

Most of OcUK's deals are now live, so go check them out.

Will more deals be added?

Well some yes because they are partner funded over certain time dates so right now avoid buying:

- 3800X
- 3600X
- 3400G
- 2700X
- 2600X

The Above AMD prices shall be further discounted next Friday, consider that a headsup by OcUK.

Also remember the Asus 5700 and 5700 XT cashback deals are active for purchases from next Monday (25th November), which will mean you can get a 5700 for £249, 5700 XT for £299 and a STRIX 5700 XT OC for £399, they all come with FREE Games also.

OcUK Staff
OP
Decent price on the MSI 5700XT Mech OC, does that model have issues with thermals?

Its not the quietest, but a custom fan curve pretty much resolves it.
Is it worth paying £20 more for Pulse, I guess so, but then you have argument is it worth paying £20 more for the Devil. Same viscous circle.

Soldato
Decent price on the MSI 5700XT Mech OC, does that model have issues with thermals?

I have (well it's my wife's card) the 5700 non-XT Mech OC and it is pretty good for the price. Cooler as Gibbo mentions is not the quietest (although it is the fan whooshing sort of noise not a buzzing) but the card in an ITX case with a scaled down fan curve hovers in the mid 60's with junction temps just nipping into the 70's. I assume the XT would be a bit hotter running but not massively so.

The higher tier cards are probably better but are they actually worth the extra? I can't answer that as in my specific use case I needed the shorter card anyway. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I have (well it's my wife's card) the 5700 non-XT Mech OC and it is pretty good for the price. Cooler as Gibbo mentions is not the quietest (although it is the fan whooshing sort of noise not a buzzing) but the card in an ITX case with a scaled down fan curve hovers in the mid 60's with junction temps just nipping into the 70's. I assume the XT would be a bit hotter running but not massively so.

The higher tier cards are probably better but are they actually worth the extra? I can't answer that as in my specific use case I needed the shorter card anyway. :)

Pretty much this.

Mech cards run quieter than reference OEM and typically cooler too, but the big boy cards like Nitro, Devil, Strix, WindForce, Aorus, run cooler and even quieter again, end of the day is that extra worth the few degrees cooler and less noise for you otherwise Asus MBA Cashback deal is best followed my MSI Mech deal.

Soldato
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC is only £375, great deal and a top pick by many. As nice as the Devil and Nitro are, the Gigabyte delivers the same. Ordered this once I noticed it was on a deal.

OcUK Staff
OP
Am hoping the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming X or ti verson go on sale
for my sons PC....

No real plans on 1660 Super but shall see what I can do before next Friday for you! :)

Right now under £200 the RX 590 reigns king at £150 with free game.

Permabanned

I wouldn't go near an MSI Mech or ASUS TUF.

The Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon would be my choice out of the lower tier models.

You should watch this video. the MSI Mech oc breakdown is at 2:16 & info on fan noise is at 7:16

Last edited:
Soldato
MSI a hard pass at any given price but tough decisions, but plenty of choice. Went ahead and ordered the Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC for £375 which is the cheapest around at this given time. Not as pretty as say the Devil or Nitro but for performance and price a top pick in my books. Seems to get the top choice in many reviews.

Back
Top Bottom