What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Just finished watching DayBreak. Seen a few people in this thread recommend it so decided to watch the trailer and it looked terrible, some awful mix of the Walking Dead, Beverly Hills 90120, Twilight and Ferris Bueller's Day off.

Despite not liking the trailer at all, I watched Episode 1 and found that it is much better than the trailer, thankfully. In fact I really enjoyed the whole thing and hope that they come out with season 2.

Associate
Currently watching :

Rick & Morty season 4 - I only started watching the series a few months ago and binge watched the first 3 seasons. Still loving it.
Peaky Blinders season 3 - Took me a few episodes to get into it but not sure if it will still grip me into season 5 as its starting to feel a little formulaic
Titans season 2 - So far has been the best out of all the Marvel and DC spin off series. Hopefully it continues to be that way and doesn't try to crossover with the other shows.
Watchmen season 1 - Slowish but its showing real potential
The Mandalorian season 1 - I had my doubts that Disney would come through with this but its exceeded my expectations. Probably the best Star Wars story since Episodes IV - VI
His Dark Materials season 1 - Still not sure about this. Read the books a long time ago so can't remember much to compare but the next few episodes I think will make or break it.

Soldato
Renewed Amazon Prime for another month and had some free time yesterday evening so decided to watch one Episode of each of the following shows: The Expanse, The Tick, Swamp Thing, The man in the High Castle and Mr Robot.

The Expanse: Really enjoyed the first Season of this gritty sci-fi show. The first episode of Season 2 did not disappoint either. It's just a brilliant show.

The Tick: Wonderful nonsense. It's also where my plans for the evening died as I didn't just watch one episode I binged watched 10 episodes of Season 1 before I finally forced myself to turn off the TV and go to bed. It's a superhero TV show, but, don't let that put you off.

Soldato
We've been binge watching Elementary for the last few weeks since it came to Prime Video and watched the final Season 5 episode last night, really enjoyed, a refreshing twist on an old classic.

Soldato
I finished the Devil Next Door recently. Excellently portrayed in my opinion and so long as you can stop yourself from reading ahead, you'll find yourself on the edge of your seat for most of it.

Soldato
Watched The Haunting of Hill House over the last week and really enjoyed it. A few sad moments and as much as I think jump scares have ruined horror, there was a jump scare that worked well and my pants nearly needed changing.

Was that the scene in the car by any chance? I nearly had a heart attack :D

Soldato
good start for Aussie drama Upright sky atlantic ... edgy compared to normal PC netflixusa/bbc productions ... but they have a good sense of humour,
misfit characters with lots of querks, reminiscent of utopia.

Caporegime
We've been watching the series of James Acaster comedy specials on Netfilx and he has jumped straight in as one of my favourite comics. :D

Also started Glitched, which is an interesting, if slow-burn (based on the first episode) Australian Netflix show.

Soldato
Finished Lost for the 3rd time.

It’s the best show ever, the character development, the back story of each character, action, acting, all top notch stuff.

Soldato
Finished Lost for the 3rd time.

It’s the best show ever, the character development, the back story of each character, action, acting, all top notch stuff.

Agree with that. I found it to be consistently excellent, even the last series which many disliked. I liked the way each episode focused on one character - Game of Thrones would have been better if it took a leaf out of that book.

Back
Top Bottom