Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
so without trawling the thread trying to avoid any spoilers, do we know if there's a solid fix for the crashing bug on nvidia cards?

i tried the cpuloadrebalance thing on r*'s site but i'm still getting crashes in towns, sometimes it'll be fine for hours, sometimes it'll go in 5 minutes.

rest of the game is running fine and looking beautiful.

Soldato
so without trawling the thread trying to avoid any spoilers, do we know if there's a solid fix for the crashing bug on nvidia cards?

i tried the cpuloadrebalance thing on r*'s site but i'm still getting crashes in towns, sometimes it'll be fine for hours, sometimes it'll go in 5 minutes.

As far as I know it’s ‘fixed’.

My own card however only became RDR2 ‘stable’ (forgive the pun) when I relaxed the oc on the gpu a bit.

Associate

Where is the game crashing for you.?
I didn't have a single crash running it on my desktop and laptop both with Pascal GPUs.

Associate

There was an Nvidia hotfix that did away with cpuloadrebalance,think I got the link to it through R* launcher patch notes.

Soldato
As far as I know it’s ‘fixed’.

My own card however only became RDR2 ‘stable’ (forgive the pun) when I relaxed the oc on the gpu a bit.

hmm, i did get a game update, my card's just running the factory oc afaik.

Where is the game crashing for you.?
I didn't have a single crash running it on my desktop and laptop both with Pascal GPUs.

specifically when entering towns, i've had it with valentine and strawberry so far but bearing in mind i haven't got that far in the plot yet.

There was an Nvidia hotfix that did away with cpuloadrebalance,think I got the link to it through R* launcher patch notes.

i'm running the latest drivers/game afaik, so is it something i'm missing?

it is intermittent, i can get a few hours play without a crash (inc entering towns) but it does happen.

Soldato
The game totally hammers the GPU.

I never liked the way Geforce cards seem to handle clock speeds and voltage. They really don't seem to like being run at 100% :/

Last edited:
Associate
i'm running the latest drivers/game afaik, so is it something i'm missing?

it is intermittent, i can get a few hours play without a crash (inc entering towns) but it does happen.[/QUOTE]

Can’t get to the link right now but there is a driver noted on the Rockstar support site that is Nvidea Red Dead specific (it wasn’t on the Nvidea download site). For me this remove my stuttering issues and allowed me to run with DirectX 12. Good luck.

Caporegime
Is it me or is the game just ridiculously easy ? im 47% of the way through and haven't come close to dying yet and im not even good at gaming lol
It’s not the sort of game that’s meant to be hard. It’s an epic adventure. I don’t think gaming skill, as it were, comes into it, it’s just about enjoying the amazing experience. More like an epic movie than a game.

If anything, dying constantly would take away from the feel of it imo. John Wayne never died did he? Well, only once lol.

Associate
Looks awesome and same GPU as me. What settings and fps are you getting?

Running at 1920x1080 on a 4k TV with res scale, FPS is between 55-60 but sometimes it will drop to 50. Settings below:

For sharpness use the setting from pcgamingwiki, make the file read only. But read what it says below. Every time you go into the graphics settings the game resets the setting. Making it read only makes the game boot with the setting but avoid going into graphics settings after. IMO it looks better then the sharpness setting in the nvidia CP.

Increase sharpening beyond the in-game limit through the config file[14]
  1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
  2. Open system.xml in a text editor.
  3. Find the sharpenIntensity line (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="1.000000" />).
  4. Increase the value as desired (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="3.800000" />).
  5. Save the file.
Accessing in-game Graphics settings will revert the changes.
Setting the file to read-only will preserve the chosen value for the next game launch.

Settings in the spoiler
XxXzoYN.jpg
vbQyDR1.jpg
pgHA0wg.jpg
AnRzWgS.jpg
NcNJdUs.jpg

Associate
It’s not the sort of game that’s meant to be hard. It’s an epic adventure. I don’t think gaming skill, as it were, comes into it, it’s just about enjoying the amazing experience. More like an epic movie than a game.

If anything, dying constantly would take away from the feel of it imo. John Wayne never died did he? Well, only once lol.

Yeah i get that and still enjoy the game but it's just you never really have to worry if you get into a shootout... bad decisions have no consequences because you're never in danger of being killed.

It's still the best single player game i've played in years though.

Associate

I was getting loads but since the last update & a change of graphics settings I’m now getting non make sure game is in full screen & use DX12. One of the best options to turn of is Grass bar stick it on O % since I done that I’ve not had a crash , it’s a graphic bug for sure so play around with the settings , I’m using Max TAA & 16 x

Soldato
I’ve died twice but not during a ‘conscious’ battle. Once when I angered the local sheriff and didn’t know what buttons to press to surrender. Instead I ended up pulling my weapon out but didn’t fire. They did.

The second time I stopped to rest near a town and some bounty hunters took me out whilst I was doing something else!

Soldato
Performance is slightly improved since I played it a few weeks ago. I tried HDR which does work, the contrast is much better BUT the colours are washed out?

I can't select 444 - 10 bit or RGB 10bit full range. Using a 5 meter HDMI cable on a Samsung NU7400 TV.

Back
Top Bottom