The Grand Tour

Soldato
Think amazon can see the way you view episodes, probably lots of people like me who never watch the tent bits, don't care about celebs driving cars or seeing how fast a car can go around the track.
Exactly this. Tried the tent content for a few episodes each series, but now just skip it all apart from the occasional brief chat bit.

I watch for the remotes.

Soldato
Thread bump because I was waaay behind on watching TGT and only caught up last night :p

I think its pretty harsh the slating some have given to Clarkson. You may think he was over the top but I don't think you could really call his emotion fake. Also takes some balls to leave that in the show as they could have decided to snip that out in the edit.

Several episodes in this series I've felt that the producers have made some bold moves leaving stuff it that takes the shine off the production but allows you to see their character a bit more and the show is massively better for it.

I think it quite clearly showed that either A) He loves the audience interaction and feels it a huge loss. B) TGT is literally just a few specials from being canned for good. Is it possible that these have already been shot so as far as the trio are concerned it is actually all over?

Anyway, I hope that last episode is a taster of how things are continuing as it was awesome. The specials are always good because they focus on one thing for the whole episode whether it be a country, a particular type of car, a challenge. The 15 minute sectioned magazine feature style doesn't really cut it now nobody cares about current cars beyond "how much per month and how big is the infotainment screen?"

Soldato
Only just watched the last episode and hadn't read about Amazon already renewing for season 4 so the ending was a bit of a shock and felt like a dick move at first but after reading online it seems Clarkson was emotional about Top Gear at the same time.

Shame they are losing the tent bit though, adds a nice break to the episode with some funny chat on conversation street. Never cared about the celebrity guest or the track times but the banter between them was a nice element.

Overall though this season has been the best TGT yet and the Ford doc was great, made me miss my ST220 :(:o

Back
Top Bottom