Group/Shared Timer

Soldato
How would you go about coding a group or shared timer? In other words, 4 or 5 of you have a responsibility that someone checks something every 45 minutes. Sometimes a free of you want be able to, so I want a timer we all share, someone checks and resets it when an alarm goes off.

Maybe one already exists? Otherwise, how would you go about coding one?

Users are both iOS and Android. Web based might be every better because more people could check if it could be left open in a browser on a PC.

Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Almost thinking out loud to myself, I found this site - https://vclock.com/timer/#countdown=00:10:00&date=2019-11-21T08:48:34&onzero=2

I guess that makes sense, put the time you're counting down to in the url. This can be shared, I just need to be able to send the new url out when someone resets it...

Maybe use Google cloud, it reads the new url when it gets sent (code the timer myself, not use the website, so I can update the url in the cloud)

Soldato
is it only between certain hours?

I'd be more tempted to have a web page that sends emails/texts.

Click the button to start the time, sends msg saying 45 min timer has begun. when someone checks they hit the button, a new message is sent saying "check completed, 45 min timer has begun". Send a reminder out if it hits 30 mins.

Question is, what are you checking and why? could be a way of automating that instead of a timer.

Or, what about a shared calendar in Outlook? when you do the check you set a new appointment for 45 mins from the check time and then everyone will get a reminder 15 mins before it's due.

Back
Top Bottom