Tesla Cybertruck

Associate
Cannot believe that this is real, looks like a Sega's virtual racing cars went off road, or when Home Simpson made a car in his brother's company.

But I can expect everything from Elon Musk. This is for sure getting too much talk, if it was a standard car there wouldn't be much of a discussion I guess.

Was it supposed to have indestructible windows or something and in the presentation they messed up like Windows 98 bluescreen live style? Oh boy

Caporegime
As a family/work vehicle it’s just not going to be remotely practical, but if the platform is decent (and it seems it’s reasonable) they could modify the styling significantly to make something more practical. More problematic that it would perhaps need to be considering they’ve built it on a monocoque exoskeleton (groan).

Sort the wheels out too. Sure, they’ll be ok off road but for an everyday vehicle they’ll be a pain in the arse.

Definitely looks like a concept vehicle rather than anything close to as production ready as their other cars.

Man of Honour
As a family/work vehicle it’s just not going to be remotely practical, but if the platform is decent (and it seems it’s reasonable) they could modify the styling significantly to make something more practical. More problematic that it would perhaps need to be considering they’ve built it on a monocoque exoskeleton (groan).

Sort the wheels out too. Sure, they’ll be ok off road but for an everyday vehicle they’ll be a pain in the arse.

Definitely looks like a concept vehicle rather than anything close to as production ready as their other cars.

That is a good point about the styling and other functionality separate to the core platform and how the core platform is the important thing. It looks horrendous however.

Soldato
It has to be some sort of joke/marketing exercise/publicity stunt.

Although this is coming from the same guy who was going to sell flame throwers so I guess it could go either way and is equally fake/real. :D:D

Associate
Are we supposed to believe a company the size of Tesla would unveil this design for anything other then attention?

I guess when you're leading the pack on electric cars it might be hard to make new models stand out these days.

Soldato
I'm a mega tesla fan, if I had the money I'd buy a cyber truck.. On the other hand I'm worried.. I don't see this thing selling to the masses I seriously hope I'm wrong... This was the first time I thought Elon might be mad.. Its either genius or a mega flop.. Though I suspect the upper and lower parts are seperate and they can drop a new body on if this design flops

Soldato
The most oppressive piece of design I have seen. It is truly horrific.

It’s like something from a dystopian future state. It looks like the people’s car we should come to expect from a nationalised car industry under Corbyn.

Soulless, awful rubbish. It actually hurts my soul looking at it. That’s how much I hate it.

Caporegime
I believe the idea is that the body is made of one sheet of his Steel Alloy and pressed for quick and cheap manufacture. There's little welding that needs done.

Soldato
Complete opposite to most here.

I love it, think it looks great because it looks so utterly different to all the 'normal' cars/trucks you see on the roads these days and have for how many decades now?

Why be bold, when you can be boring? I guess also there will be the usual bias for both sides who either hate it or love it due to being Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom