US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
The aesthetic feels very Star Wars-y. The music (as someone else pointed out) is distracting. There's also this weird contrast between the run-time being short but it feeling like they've dragged some scenes out to get there, although I think this is partly because since he was introduced we've rarely cut away from him other than as a means to drop him back into a scene, so it feels like some sort of extended fan-fic scene you'd find on YouTube.

Still curious to see how the story plays out obviously.

Soldato
I really like the pacing of the series so far, it’s a classic western and exactly how it’s meant to be.

The scenes are frankly beautiful and I really enjoy the little pauses to look at it. The lack of dialogue in sections of the second episode was brilliant. It required no explanation and it was great just to take it in.

It makes such a marked difference to the way modern tv is made. It often ends up being paced incredibly quickly to try and keep people engaged or full of spoon feeding filler dialogue to explain what’s going on. Both are just unnecessary as you end up with obvious predictable plots or filler side stories to make up the episode count as they blew their load too quickly on the main story arc.

The above pretty much what most people hate about TLJ. The same applies to most serialised TV programs these days.

Yes the Mandalorian is short but it really let’s you take it all in as you are watching it. It’s refreshing and brilliant.

Soldato
Just watched episode 3 and absolutely loved it.

The music is actually growing on me, I was unsure of it at first but it's sort of fitting with the theme of the show I think.

We all knew he wouldn't just give kid yoda up, but the fight he had to get away was awesome! Was really cool seeing all the different species acting as bounty hunters too.

Associate
Been enjoying this, I like how he's a badass, but by no means invincible or OP in any way.

The music has really grown on me as well, been humming the theme all day :D

It was pretty cool how it went all John Wick towards the end of episode 3.

Caporegime
Finally has some meat on it, the theme song is far too catchy.
I kinda wonder how far the idea of betrayal will go though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched the first 3. Disney actually did a really good job with this one.

I like how they have gone back to the original trilogy setting with it. None of the shinyness and overdone CGI of the later movies.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is excellent.

Really hope the quality stays up, and they can carry it over to other Star Wars shows. I've got little hope that the movies will change much; it's a big Hollywood franchise, so audiences "need" to be subjected to a two hour show-reel of "cool stuff".

Soldato
Feel sorry for anyone who likes Star Wars and is not enjoying this.

it’s not perfect, nothing ever will be.

it is however, absolutely superb and it completely grips me.

Associate
Can I ask how you are all getting access to this series? The Disney Plus website doesn't share much in the way of info for global/UK access. I am new to the UK so I'm not familiar with all the available streaming/VOD services.

Associate
I know it was over the top and a bit cheesy but that moment in episode 3

BcueIifH_o.gif

Soldato
Can I ask how you are all getting access to this series? The Disney Plus website doesn't share much in the way of info for global/UK access. I am new to the UK so I'm not familiar with all the available streaming/VOD services.

There is no way to watch this in the UK currently. None at all, it is physically impossible.....
So grab a cheap flight and watch in the US at your cousin's Disney subscription.

Back
Top Bottom