Anyone ever used AirBnb in UK?

Soldato
We've had three Air BnB stays in the UK. Found the place we liked, sent the owner an email introducing ourselves and complimenting their property.
All agreed the same day.
On the actual day we arrived after the allotted time, used the little key safe and let ourselves in.
Never asked to prove we are who we say we are.

Significant savings over a hotel in the same area, with the added bonus of it feeling like a home from home.

Soldato
I’m in an Airbnb in Mexico City right now, got the keys from a restaurant round the corner and let ourselves in. It’s a three story building and we have the ground floor to our selves which has our bedroom, own kitchen and own bathroom as well as a small patio. I can hear the guy in his apartment upstairs but haven’t met him.
The great thing is he has given us lots of tips of where to eat and drink through WjatsApp. It’s so easy, cheaper than a hotel and a lot more personal and fun.

Soldato
I am curious about how Airbnb works.

When I find a flat and I pay for it with a card or paypal do I simply turn up at the place and if so what happens there? Is there someone waiting for me to whom I have to give my ID? or AirBnb takes care of that bit?

I've had dozens of Airbnb bookings and I've been:
- Met in person to be given a key
- Given a door access code by message
- Given an outdoor safe code to get a key out/in of it

All have worked.

Soldato
Used it a few times.

Mates 50th birthday part in Edinburgh - all the usual travellodges/premier inn were over £100 for the night. Found an Airbnb room for £32 about 5 minuntes walk from the venue of the party.

Rocked up, keys in a box outside the flat, tidy, clean, double bed, went to the party, came back, slept for 8 hours, got up went home on the train - never even saw the owners of the flat.

Back
Top Bottom