What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
The Bremonts are actually pretty good, I dont own one but have a fair bit of experience with the brand - did a podcast with one of the founders too ( http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/20...mont-watch-chat-with-co-founder-nick-english/ ) only thing is they are on the pricey side compared to what you get from Tudor / Omega but cant knock them for pushing forward.
I do think Bremont have admirable goals of bringing their watchmaking to 100% UK production, I jut think they are too expensive vs the well-established brands. Some of their watches are Oris/Omega/Rolex prices and beyond without the heritage to back it up.

Associate
I do think Bremont have admirable goals of bringing their watchmaking to 100% UK production, I jut think they are too expensive vs the well-established brands. Some of their watches are Oris/Omega/Rolex prices and beyond without the heritage to back it up.

Exactly, that Concorde one was mental ... but then again Casio just put out a titanium GSHOCK for 3x the price of the steel one

Soldato
My birthday is coming around and normally I'm like meh, whatever, don't worry about a gift, but this year I had an idea. I never got my 30th watch, it was a "we'll sort something out next year" but it never happened and I know I have expensive tastes and holidays and family take priority but hey. This year I have setup a watch fund :D so now I can, without the ear from my wife, start putting some cash together for the PAM I want. That 352 will be mine!
So for once, I'm excited about it... I'll be about 20% of the way there in the fund, so good start! 2020 might be my year to scratch the PAM itch :p

Soldato
Also, does anyone have a Breitling Superocean Heritage 2? I am NOT a fan of Breitling at all. In fact, I think most of their ranges look like they come from Christmas crackers... yet, I've got this real hankering for the superocean heritage!

OoDwYSK.jpg

BW8MmLA.jpg

Someone talk me out of it...or not?

I'm selling my Oris Artix GT Chrono and thinking this would make a nice replacement for that... should I? I mean... it's just like the Black Bay I have but I don't know, something about it makes me want it :D

Caporegime
Also, does anyone have a Breitling Superocean Heritage 2? I am NOT a fan of Breitling at all. In fact, I think most of their ranges look like they come from Christmas crackers... yet, I've got this real hankering for the superocean heritage!

OoDwYSK.jpg

BW8MmLA.jpg

I'm selling my Oris Artix GT Chrono and thinking this would make a nice replacement for that... should I? I mean... it's just like the Black Bay I have but I don't know, something about it makes me want it :D
That is one damn fine looking watch. Depends on the price though...

Soldato

OoDwYSK.jpg

BW8MmLA.jpg

I’ve got a heritage and whilst it’s great, I actually prefer my Hamilton which was a fraction of the price. I also get a LOT more comments with the Hamilton vs when I wear the Breitling.

Soldato
They do look very nice, but if you've already got the rather similar Tudor then I'd perhaps look at a different style of watch.

I know this in my head and I love my Black Bay and won't be selling that. This is just a bit different, marginally, and no idea why I want a Breitling :p I don't know what other style I'd get tbh. I'd love an IWC, it's on my "smart dress watch" list, but that's about 2+k more than the Breitling.

I’ve got a heritage and whilst it’s great, I actually prefer my Hamilton which was a fraction of the price. I also get a LOT more comments with the Hamilton vs when I wear the Breitling.
What's the quality and feel of it like? Not the Hamilton... :D

That is one damn fine looking watch. Depends on the price though...

I know someone selling one, and think I could get it just over the sale price of the Oris, so about 2k.

My Chrono24 watch watch list is a mixed bag of expensive. Might have to have a mooch this afternoon and see what changes my mind.

Currently have: Tudor Prince Oyster Date 38mm, Tudor Black Bay Blue, Omega Speedmaster, Longines Master Chrono, Oris Artix GT Chrono...
I have a couple of Zeno pilots, as they're a Basel based watch and some vintage stuff, but think a dress watch a bit of a step up from the Longines might be nice. That or I've always fancied the Zenith Pilot 1903 limited edition but not sure how I'd get on with the crown.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I know this in my head and I love my Black Bay and won't be selling that. This is just a bit different, marginally, and no idea why I want a Breitling :p I don't know what other style I'd get tbh. I'd love an IWC, it's on my "smart dress watch" list, but that's about 2+k more than the Breitling.

If you want a smart dress watch without paying more than that Breitling then perhaps take a look at Nomos:

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/

Caporegime

OoDwYSK.jpg

BW8MmLA.jpg

They're pretty big, 42mm is the smallest size and the lugs are fairly straight so unless you have wrists over 7" I wouldn't. Best to try one out though.

Associate
featured.jpg

Had it nearly 12months love it. Has a few battle scars but oh well haha!

Back
Top Bottom