Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
Just as an aside I
Went to Dathomir, spoke to the 'mysterious stranger' and seemed to get stuck there. Do I need some special long jump to get past this point? Also Nightbrother warriors are a PITA as they just flip when you force push them!

That's as far as you can progress there until later, go to zeffo

Soldato
I've actually encountered a few niggles with those tweaks. I've added the following instead, which are easy to run & guaranteed to be flawless. The previous settings were more to try and mimick the more advanced lighting from cinematics and to put them during gameplay as well. I'll add some photos later but there's a ton of changes you can make with Unreal Engine, it's insane! I can't believe I didn't know about it until now.

r.Shadow.MaxResolution 4096 | r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution 4096 | r.ShadowQuality 4 | r.ViewDistanceScale 2.5 | fov 60 | r.MotionBlurQuality 0 | r.PostProcessAAQuality 6 | r.Streaming.HLODStrategy 0 | r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures

Tutorial: 1. Download the unlocker & unzip into a new folder anywhere
2. Run the game
3. Alt-tab and open the unlocker (IGCSInjectorUI) then select inject -> the game
4. You can now open the console in-game with ~, so open it and then past the settings in the spoiler. You have to do this every time you game tho.
5. Enjoy!

You can find more options to play with here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Content/Types/Textures/Streaming/Config/index.html

Associate
Reflecting back on playing it i actually thought it also portrayed what it's like to be a PTSD sufferer as well as can be expected. A lrage slice of mental health issues were injected but didn't feel too heavy. I will give them credit for that also.

Associate
Reflecting back on playing it i actually thought it also portrayed what it's like to be a PTSD sufferer as well as can be expected. A lrage slice of mental health issues were injected but didn't feel too heavy. I will give them credit for that also.
Bit strong lol this is a game after all,I’ve enjoyed it thought it was a good experience, why so serious lol

Soldato
Reflecting back so far I don't think it's all that good of a game. I'm just rushing to the end now because I've had enough. There is a lot of just sloppy design in it :/

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Reflecting back so far I don't think it's all that good of a game. I'm just rushing to the end now because I've had enough. There is a lot of just sloppy design in it :/
It just copy paste’s Tomb Raider way to much for my liking. I actually would not mind the back tracking and finding chests if there was actually something worthwhile in them.

They needed to add more RPG into the game and less tomb raider. Those boxes could have had something like lightsaber crystals to improve damage or other things to augment and improve the player. Cosmetic stuff is a waste of time.

Associate
Bit strong lol this is a game after all,I’ve enjoyed it thought it was a good experience, why so serious lol

Not serious mate but if you have had PTSD you will recognise the moments in it clearly they are depicting. The story is also around his mental health and how he gets through it.

Soldato
It just copy paste’s Tomb Raider way to much for my liking. I actually would not mind the back tracking and finding chests if there was actually something worthwhile in them.

They needed to add more RPG into the game and less tomb raider. Those boxes could have had something like lightsaber crystals to improve damage or other things to augment and improve the player. Cosmetic stuff is a waste of time.

Yea it's all just filler content to stretch out the play time. Maybe 10% of the game is worthwhile content.

Associate

I actually found the new Tomb Raider (e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider) less copy pasty than the old ones and had really great map design, but i get what you mean if you're referring to the old ones, old Halo games did it too.

I also found the movement to be a little annoying, considering Titanfall mechanics and gameplay were so fluid, the controls and movement in this game sometimes feel too clunky. When you are scaling and jumping things, it definitely feels less fluid and dynamic than the newer Tomb Raiders, at least on PC. And yeah getting cosmetics from chests is kind of pointless, when all you're trying to get are the stims if anything.

Associate
I've only just finished the game. Having mostly played the game on Jedi Master I had to turn it down to Story for the final boss. I just couldn't keep up with it. The game was tough on JM and I died a lot.

My thoughts...

First of all this is (in my opinion) the best Star Wars game we've had since KOTOR I/II so on that point alone, well done Remedy. It's definitely a success.

For the most part I enjoyed myself. The combat was good though at times frustrating-mostly due to my lack of skill I imagine-and I enjoyed the characters and story.

My only real gripe is with the platforming. There is simply far too much, to the point where it completely broke immersion for me. The convenient, endless and unnecessary walls, climbing, rope swinging and not to mention the perfectly placed mushroom things on kashyyyk became a real issue for me. I felt that it absolutely could have been toned down.

With that said it's a real step in the right direction. I love Star Wars and it's great to see a good game come out of the franchise.

Soldato
Completed it. Really enjoyed it.

Feels significantly more like a star wars game than any other modern star wars game. Like the direction it took. The end story felt meaningful too.

Hope they make more like this.

Soldato
I actually found the new Tomb Raider (e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider) less copy pasty than the old ones and had really great map design, but i get what you mean if you're referring to the old ones, old Halo games did it too.

I also found the movement to be a little annoying, considering Titanfall mechanics and gameplay were so fluid, the controls and movement in this game sometimes feel too clunky. When you are scaling and jumping things, it definitely feels less fluid and dynamic than the newer Tomb Raiders, at least on PC. And yeah getting cosmetics from chests is kind of pointless, when all you're trying to get are the stims if anything.

Yea I thought that about the controls as well. They also made the hit boxes huge, you get hit by stuff even when you've clearly dodged it.

Associate
I've just got the game and got an hour into it. It really hand holds you throughout the first bit and I got really annoyed by it. I thought this was meant to be a souls game, even the hardest difficulty, it was not much of a challenge. I assume this changes throughout the game but god damn, I was kinda bored at first

Soldato
The bosses are hard, but only because they have loads of high damage hits which never miss. If you don't do X at the right time you get hit, they just follow a script on repeat.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
The story side of the game really picks up in I'd say, the final third/quarter. It just gets more exciting if you like Star Wars.

I think a lot of people will give up before then though as there does feel like there's a lot of senseless running forwards and backwards which gets tedious. All the locked short cuts ****** me off no end, and how late you get decent abilities/customisation.

Associate
Fully agree with the above, I stuck it out but turned the difficulty down to easiest level so I could make some progress without redoing sections. Started to really get the star wars vibe from the AT-AT walker mission onwards.

Back
Top Bottom