******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Soon? No, eventually - yeah I do. I'm just not sure I'll have any interest in it when it comes out though.

For context, I backed this game in my 30s, I'm now well into my 40s.. :D

Associate
Soon? No, eventually - yeah I do. I'm just not sure I'll have any interest in it when it comes out though.

For context, I backed this game in my 30s, I'm now well into my 40s.. :D
Damn, I didn't back the game as I was a bit wary of the promises but it has been a good few years now and I only check up on the game every month or so now.

Soldato
Do you think they'll actually release this game anytime soon? It has been all talk but no real show

No, it'll never get a release as a fully finished and working game replete with all the promised features. Give it another five or so years and It'll fizzle away into the ether, and the **** storm from the fanboys will be glorious to behold.

I'm just glad I sold my account when I did.

Associate
No, it'll never get a release as a fully finished and working game replete with all the promised features. Give it another five or so years and It'll fizzle away into the ether, and the **** storm from the fanboys will be glorious to behold.

I'm just glad I sold my account when I did.
Yeah I think that will actually happen. I didn't put a single penny into the backstarter as it it looked too damn ambitious, I guess it was worth it too.

Soldato
It looks great, sort of like a HD Elite Dangerous but the longer they take to "finish it" the less chance of it being a success, in 2-3 years time when you have PS5 and next gen graphics cards it will look dated. Not forgetting that 2020 could be the year VR becomes a thing with the release of Half Life: Alyx and other top tier games from Valve and other developers.

Associate
It looks great, sort of like a HD Elite Dangerous but the longer they take to "finish it" the less chance of it being a success, in 2-3 years time when you have PS5 and next gen graphics cards it will look dated. Not forgetting that 2020 could be the year VR becomes a thing with the release of Half Life: Alyx and other top tier games from Valve and other developers.
To be honest I played quite a lot of Elite Dangerous and it has satisfied my space exploration "itch". Now .just curious of why it took them soo long to produce. Kinda like Duke nukem forever

Caporegime
Free Fly currently active. 24/11/19 - 05/12/19. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17360-IAE-2949-Free-Fly-Jaxs-Picks

First Day of the Star Citizen EXPO, Anvil.

1440P when Youtube is done.

On the way to Pyro. (video URL below) Adding in multiple Star Systems requires server meshing, like with earlier planet tech domes like Pupil to Planet (2015) and Procedural Planets v2 (2016) its a demo of the tech working, Server Meshing, the Pyro System and the Volumetric Cloud tech is coming some time in 2020.

It starts over the Planet Microtech which is coming in the next quarterly patch, due in late December. Microtech is the last Planet in the Stanton System and completes it.

https://youtu.be/fCDOM2UULhE?t=4416

On a side note:

Procedural Planet tech has been going through cycles of development during the life on the Stanton system, if you've been around since Alpha 2.0 you will have seen that development take place. each one adding more detail and variation from orbit and on the surface.
Alpha 3.8 will get its final iteration of the technology, version 4. Everything, 'not including Including crusader which is waiting for the cloud tech' will get reworked.

For example, the Moon Yela.

Version 1 (Alpha 2.0)
B&W picture, couldn't find a good colour one, it was just grey, looked a lot like our own moon. You couldn't land on it at this time, it was not a physicalized asset.
KjhHuoz.jpg.png

Version 2 (Alpha 3.0)
6D9Cuby.jpg.png

Version 3 (Alpha 3.3 on...)
tDHdW9i.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
Damn, I didn't back the game as I was a bit wary of the promises but it has been a good few years now and I only check up on the game every month or so now.

I've been stung by a few early access games, SC though I don't regret despite the delay as I've had a lot of fun along the way. Problem is real life now limits my active gaming time and this game will require at least an hour to do anything in, there's little opportunity to "pick up and play" like you can with Elite: Dangerous. Then again you don't have to fly ships, I might end up being a hotdog merchant on some random planet. Everyone has to eat right? Just don't ask what they are made from.

Back
Top Bottom