ASUS TUF FX505DV Benchmarks

Associate
Quite a nice one mate. It would seem that the deal on another site is an absolute steal, especially given the specs. You'd probably see double the performance increase at a guess...I'd also get on it while its there :)
finally pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday. down to £899.. somewhere. Arrives tomorrow :)

Associate
OP
finally pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday. down to £899.. somewhere. Arrives tomorrow :)

Very nice! Brilliant price for a 2060 Laptop. I have MSI Afterburner installed as I game on Performance/Silent mode to help the noise, the GPU can clock + 159 on the core & + 620 on the Memory, this help a lot and only brings +4c temp.

Soldato
8300H. I've spent the morning playing with it while in Destiny 2. I've gotten it to -620mv but I need to pop out so I'll finish it later

2gXyqz9.png

Stock Volts

NikJxhK.png

That's a fair undervolt. Something isn't right.
Did you undervolt the CPU Core, CPU cache and intel GPU?
If it isn't applied to all three settings, I would try going back to -0.120 applied to the Core and Cache and set the intel gpu to -0.060 and see how it goes.

Soldato
That's a fair undervolt. Something isn't right.
Did you undervolt the CPU Core, CPU cache and intel GPU?
If it isn't applied to all three settings, I would try going back to -0.120 applied to the Core and Cache and set the intel gpu to -0.060 and see how it goes.

Got to - 176mv on all 3 before TS Bench failed. I'll dial back the igpu undervolt and see if it changes but I'm already seeing 11c drop in overall temps.

Soldato
Got to - 176mv on all 3 before TS Bench failed. I'll dial back the igpu undervolt and see if it changes but I'm already seeing 11c drop in overall temps.

That's more like it.
Hopefully you find a stable setting shortly.
Edit, just have to watch you don't lose performance with lowering it too much.

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice! Brilliant price for a 2060 Laptop. I have MSI Afterburner installed as I game on Performance/Silent mode to help the noise, the GPU can clock + 159 on the core & + 620 on the Memory, this help a lot and only brings +4c temp.
yep. got it up and running today. very happy with it. haven't had time to do much with it but I have just installed afterburner and will have a play :)

Soldato

yep. got it up and running today. very happy with it. haven't had time to do much with it but I have just installed afterburner and will have a play :)

How are you both getting on?
Any joy with a stable undervolt snips?
I've settled on CPU/cache at -0.140 and igpu at -0.100 mainly due to it being a little unstable in certain games. Other games were happy with further but some are being picky.
Temps are good and very stable now.

Soldato
Any joy with a stable undervolt snips?
I've settled on CPU/cache at -0.140 and igpu at -0.100 mainly due to it being a little unstable in certain games. Other games were happy with further but some are being picky.
Temps are good and very stable now.

I've not touched it since last weekend. It doens't get used at home, just when I'm out or at the Mrs house.
I'm heading back over to hers tomorrow so if I get some time, I'll keep testing.

Soldato
I've not touched it since last weekend. It doens't get used at home, just when I'm out or at the Mrs house.
I'm heading back over to hers tomorrow so if I get some time, I'll keep testing.

Had a play this morning, while the Mrs was sleeping, and managed to get:
  • CPU -187mv
  • CPU Cache -187mv
  • Intel GPU -170mv
Temps are pretty solid when benchmarking, 65c max using TS bench and this is what it look like while gaming - I did put the fans to max though, manually.

IW7jICs.png

Soldato
Had a play this morning, while the Mrs was sleeping, and managed to get:
  • CPU -187mv
  • CPU Cache -187mv
  • Intel GPU -170mv
Temps are pretty solid when benchmarking, 65c max using TS bench and this is what it look like while gaming - I did put the fans to max though, manually.

IW7jICs.png

Is it applied as the Turn On button is available? I assume it is with the lower temperatures.
I've not tried with max fans on. I just let the fans be controlled by the CPU.

Associate

I've not fiddled with it at all so just using it as stock. it plays everything I can throw at it on "ultra" setting so very happy with that. Not too sure of FPS counts but every single game I've fired up plays really well :)

Played so far:

* Fallen Order
* Control
* Metro Exodus
* older games such as skyrim (with mods), Dragon Age, Witcher 3 etc

very happy with the laptop considering the cost :)

now looking for a laptop for photoediting. looking at the Dell XPS 15 i9 4k oled 32gb which is retailing around 2.5k :(

Associate
Cool :) Is yours new and in warranty? My temps are good, never above 75c on CPU and 80c GPU with a big OC. How much have yours improved?

Yes mines new and under warranty (obviously not under warranty anymore due to modding the cooling but its a risk some of us take).

Those temps are good if on stock paste. My stock paste job was terrible and temps were hitting 95+ on cpu and around 88-90 on gpu, replaced with thermal grizzly at first then changed my mind and went LM with gelid gp-extreme thermal pads.

My temps are around the same as yours now, you must be lucky!

My next mod is to purchase another bottom cover and use a dremel to create more cooling slots (you'll know what I mean when looking at the bottom cover).

Back
Top Bottom