Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I haz 4090!
Don
from a control perspective, how does the game play i.e is it a standard twin stick shooter like farcry / uncharted or more of an RPG control like fallout 3 was on the PS3 ?

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. How is Far Cry like Uncharted? One is 1st person, and one is 3rd.

It's your standard 3rd person viewpoint. There's no shooting in it from you, you're only weapon is your lightsaber.

Soldato
Picked this up on Saturday, I have never played any of the Souls games, to which this has been likened in part. So a break from the normal type of games I play.
Really enjoying it and loving the SW Lore realisation. I started the game on Jedi Master and had to drop it down.

Had a few technical problems with the game though on my XoneX. Early on had a clipping issues which catapulted me up onto a mountain one one of the timed jumping parts of the game.

I have just hit Kashyyyk and had a fight with an elite hunter type. That was very very stuttery/twithcy experience for me. I'm running the game off a half full external crucial 1TB SSD.
I'm finding when I pan the camera quickly it hitches and can freeze for a millisecond (has got worse on Kashyyyk). Definitely doesn't feel smooth, so decided to put it down until a patch arrives. I did read something on reddit about turning off Share Usage, that may help. Will give that a pop. Otherwise game will be on hold sadly.

B

I’m running it of a WD Blue SSD on mine and it runs ok occasional stutter and some visible texture loading but nothing major. I have had issues with clipping as well though. I was stuck in a wall unable to move at one point and had to re load which was a pain.....

I agree it needs fast travel points but I think they were left out as it would be a very short game with them in tbh. You do spend a lot of time back tracking or in my case getting lost.....

Associate
The biggest bit is the backtracking. Took me about 45 minutes to backtrack through a level to get back to my Mantis last night. WHY! It just feels like it is to extend the game. The map I find is awful at times showing how to get back too.

Look at Skyrim - after completing a Dungeon, there was usually an exit door right at the end rather than having to navigate back through the level to find the way out. This game badly needs a similar mechanic or an option to fast travel back to your ship after completing the levels main objective.

The game has some good moments but too few and far between for me at the moment. Basically a worse version of Tomb Raider but with a light sabre.

Soldato
Picked this up, I'll finish it because I'm a huge Star Wars fanboy but for me this feels like Dark Souls with a Star Wars skin as opposed a proper Star Wars game.

Soldato
Tomb Raider is better if you ask me. Star-Wars is good but lots of tedious back tracking if it was not Star-Wars it would be a very average Tomb Raider TBH. It starts good but gets very repetitive later on. It’s not a bad game by any means but it does wear thin quick.....

Soldato
Yeah, it's a bit samey and quite buggy.it looks like star wars and sounds like star wars but I don't feel like a jedi. Combat is too ropey to feel bad ass. I've put onto the lowest setting now to smash it and trade it

Soldato
Just finished it tbh it got a bit better towards the end. It’s still very repetitive and not the greatest, it’s not bad but I’m pretty sure all the high reviews are because it is Star-Wars based. Without the license I doubt it would have reviewed well. It’s not the worst game I have played and was more fun than Death Stranding but nothing makes me want to play it again.

6/10 Good bits are there but the repetition gets old very quick. It’s also one of the buggiest console games I have played. Needed a lot longer in the oven this one....

Soldato
I can't complain - it gave me what I was hoping for, a Star Wars experience.
Felt the locations were great, felt very Star Wars and of course the hum of the lightsaber.....
Going for Platinum trophy was always going to be a slog - some of the collectables are very well hidden and the mechanics required to get to some - yes, secret on Bogano requiring the swing into a wall run, I'm talking to you.

Anyway, I was off work last week and I collected my final trophy for it earlier. I paid £45 for it and I've just this second sold it on Ebay for £40 - so £7 spent (after postage and fees) for a weeks rental I can't complain. If they add any DLC I'll buy it again in the future at much lower price.

Soldato
It's a rough one on base consoles, crazy to think how much they hold back gaming considering this has to drop as low as 540p on X1. Getting back to those good ol' 800 x 600 days before long.:) Can't wait for next year, pumping up vram is gonna be a huge deal for texture quality & world streaming!

Back
Top Bottom