US: The Mandalorian

Associate
Or save the cash and just become a pirate.

3dcc459263a6fa19746ffd52c87d8999.gif

Soldato
Sadly this cartoon still holds true, just with the Mandalorian rather than GOT.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I once emailed Gabe Newell to thank him about a statement he made against restrictive DRM (when limited activations were a curse on PC gaming), and he emailed me back saying he sees piracy as a service issue not a money issue. To stop piracy you have to deliver a better service than the pirates. As Disney is not even offering a competing service in the UK the consequences are obvious. :(

Caporegime
Sadly this cartoon still holds true, just with the Mandalorian rather than GOT.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I once emailed Gabe Newell to thank him about a statement he made against restrictive DRM (when limited activations were a curse on PC gaming), and he emailed me back saying he sees piracy as a service issue not a money issue. To stop piracy you have to deliver a better service than the pirates. As Disney is not even offering a competing service in the UK the consequences are obvious. :(

I've said it before. As I can't watch this legally for 4 months my worry about watching it illegally magically evaporates.

Soldato
Finding this very high quality but a little dull and slow, and I've got no issue being patient with slow burners. Will definitely be watching the whole series.

Wut?! Dull? lol!!!!!

Anyway........................

Stormtroopers that actually look bad a$$ and menacing and they can actually hit things - i actually cheered when they hit their target!!

And yup, dat ending - awesome!!

Caporegime
Good show so far, i think the runtime of around 35 or so minutes helps keep it at a good pace. I had a brain fart thinking Carl Weathers was Billy Dee Williams for some reason, 1 of only 3 black guys in space apparently :p

It's a refreshing take on Star Wars, showing it from a totally different perspective, just hope they can keep the quality up there with the rest of the episodes.

Man of Honour
Watched the first episode, yeah this is real Star Wars, by that I mean it caters completely for those that were brought up with the original trilogy and now require something more appropriate for their adult worldview. Favreau and Co 100% get it. The only thing that feels weird is the lack of traditional music, but the problem is that the traditional score's pieces are tightly associated with specific things, such as characters or factions, so although it feels odd for a familiar visual theme to appear unaccompanied by its respective audio, the context means it's better left out.

Associate
The first two episodes were Ok the 3rd however I found poor. The acting was similar to watching a low budget show during the end scene. I was half expecting Chuck Norris to make an appearance.

Last edited:
Associate
Now THIS is Star Wars.

Absolutely stunning. I was massively excited for this, but it has managed to totally exceed my expectations. This, along with Rogue One, are by far and away the best things to come since the original trilogy.

The cinematography and direction has been spot on. The amount of epic moments that have been built with little to no dialogue has been a masterclass in direction.

Along with the comments on dialogue, the way they’ve managed to build up the characters in such a short space of time too, it’s absolutely faultless.

Some of the amazing moments so far...

Herzog has been fantastic as a menacing old Imperial, along with his retinue of rogue stormies.

The Jawa scenes in ep 2 were good fun, my only complaint being that they turned them into Minions.

That mudhorn scene... just wow.

They’ve hit a merchandising goldmine with baby yoda. What a great wee character too.

Episode 3 was full of epic moments, from getting his new armour through to that epic battle at the end. I leapt off my seat and cheered when the Mandos turned up... an experience I’ve not had since the original trilogy!

I’ve been a fan of Mandalorians for a long time with all the EU material that has now been retconned, I didn’t like a lot of how they changed the culture through The clone wars show, but I feel they’re getting back on track finally.

Just epic.

I’m finally excited about the future of Star Wars again!

Associate
Just watched the first episode. Magnificent. Combined with Fallen Order I'm loving Star Wars again. I just hope Episode 9 doesn't ruin it all again.

Agree about Fallen Order, it’s been fantastic too, I’m about a third of the way through it! From what I’ve heard from an inside source, I’m more excited about what’s coming next in Mando than I am about ep9!

Soldato
That mudhorn scene... just wow.

I was a little upset about that scene! The mudhorn had done nothing wrong and the Mandalorian picked a fight with it and then gave the Jawas it's egg - next scene is the Jawas eating said egg/mudhorn offspring with orgasmic pleasure :D

Back
Top Bottom