Best running shoes I can’t put my big toe through

Soldato
So my running style means I end up putting holes in both of my running shoes above my big toes.

For a number of years I wore ASICS which have a mesh upper that doesn’t last long. I have also run in cheaply Delocrd shoes from amazon but they only last about 6 months too.

Has anyone got any recommendations for running shoes that I can’t put my big toes through so easily?

Many thanks.

M.

Soldato
In the past I did the same. I'd also go through trainer socks like they were going out of fashion. I just started placing some tape inside the shoe where my toes rubbed. Either a square of kinesiology tape or a piece of the wide sticky bandage tape. As it wore out replaced it (Normally good for couple of months or so) As it's on the top of the shoe you never feel it.

Associate
You'll put your toe through all shoes eventually as that's just the way you run. I have the same problem, every pair I've owned my right big toe goes through, so accept it and as long as there's plenty of life in the rest of the shoe then just carry on with them.

You could try a bit of tape over the end of your nail but the outcome will likely be the same

Soldato
Go somewhere and get a proper fitting done.
This.

As a minimum you need to try them on and get a feel. If you can find a decent place that can do a proper gait analysis all the better. Buying running shoes off the TinTerNet without trying them on will just end up costing you money. Brooks running shoes come in wide fittings if that is what you're after.

Soldato
OP
This.

As a minimum you need to try them on and get a feel. If you can find a decent place that can do a proper gait analysis all the better. Buying running shoes off the TinTerNet without trying them on will just end up costing you money. Brooks running shoes come in wide fittings if that is what you're after.

As I said I have already done this. I over-pronate and I need wide fitting. I just can’t remember which letter denotes wide fit and I’ve seen conflicting information when searching online.

Soldato
As I said I have already done this. I over-pronate and I need wide fitting. I just can’t remember which letter denotes wide fit and I’ve seen conflicting information when searching online.

When I was looking for something I found that the same "size-width" differed from different manufacturers. Brooks felt wider in the same size as Nike/ASICS.

Associate
I did this with two pairs of running shoes before I went to a professional running shop. I always thought it was down to running style but I was advised that it is not: it’s just the size of your shoes should be bigger. The longer you run, the more your feet will swell and so a running shop will likely advise anywhere between 0.5-1.5 increase on your “normal” shoe size.

Since I bought slightly larger shoes I’ve not had any problems at all and I’m about 12 months into this pair.

Soldato
OP
I did this with two pairs of running shoes before I went to a professional running shop. I always thought it was down to running style but I was advised that it is not: it’s just the size of your shoes should be bigger. The longer you run, the more your feet will swell and so a running shop will likely advise anywhere between 0.5-1.5 increase on your “normal” shoe size.

Since I bought slightly larger shoes I’ve not had any problems at all and I’m about 12 months into this pair.

I always get a half size bigger than I need for this reason.

Soldato
I just started placing some tape inside the shoe where my toes rubbed.
+1
In the past I've patched them used a piece of old trainer tongue evo sticked on inside ...across the seam where toe caught
edit: there's more usufeul stuff in here than the life quacks thread

Soldato
So my running style means I end up putting holes in both of my running shoes above my big toes.

For a number of years I wore ASICS which have a mesh upper that doesn’t last long. I have also run in cheaply Delocrd shoes from amazon but they only last about 6 months too.

Has anyone got any recommendations for running shoes that I can’t put my big toes through so easily?

Many thanks.

M.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightweigh...ocphy=1006524&hvtargid=pla-760472376371&psc=1

Thank me later :)

Back
Top Bottom