Overwatch

Associate
@Wegason used to one trick Dva back when she was a must pick but she is an ult battery nowadays. I was doing pretty well solo queuing hit 2960ish from placing about 2750 and now it's bad game after bad game. Only way is up now tho right?
I was also pretty much a D.Va one trick for many seasons, season 3 until around Goats where she could obviously still be run but where a good Rein or zarya was more important so I'd rather play those. Since 2-2-2 she has been trash and I only ever play there if necessary to counter a carry on the enemy team.

One of my continuing frustrations is people who just don't switch once they've locked in. I personally switch hero whenever I feel my hero isn't working or we need something else. So many don't though.

Associate
I was also pretty much a D.Va one trick for many seasons, season 3 until around Goats where she could obviously still be run but where a good Rein or zarya was more important so I'd rather play those. Since 2-2-2 she has been trash and I only ever play there if necessary to counter a carry on the enemy team.

One of my continuing frustrations is people who just don't switch once they've locked in. I personally switch hero whenever I feel my hero isn't working or we need something else. So many don't though.

Back when OW was fun to play. It's become so oppressive recently.

Hero switching is a big problem and it seem to get worse the lower I fall. We had a ball running all over the back line last night and there was no counter picks.

That account is cursed. Time to bin it off.

Man of Honour
With the release of the second game, is it worth going back to the original or should I just wait for the release?

It's not really a sequel, just some rubbish PvE DLC. The core game (PvP) is the same on both versions, with full cross play.

It looks like there are big changes coming to the meta in the next patch, so you might want to wait for the shields to get a big nerf across the board before jumping back in.

Associate
Damn, but I swear its priced like a new triple a title price? It has been a while since I last played. Maybe a good year or so. But I guess I'll wait and play some more CS again

Associate
Ah got it, I don't really keep up to date with the price of pre orders these days and just wait a day or two after the initial drop. Does anyone know a rough guess of the new price?

Associate
I'd be very surprised if the release price is more than £30, since you're paying for a multiplayer (i.e half the game) you already own
Yep, and when it originally launched on PC there were two versions, the £30 basic version and the £50 (or was it £45?) Origins edition (skins and other stuff for other Blizzard games). IN any case, the base edition now is what, £17?

Moving on to what i want to talk about.

Blizzard need to do something about the rampant smurfing that is affecting ranked, it is getting beyond ridiculous. Every other game last night on average (played about 10) there was a DPS smurf in the game who was clearly masters or GM and was just carrying the enemy team. Low level account with a pocket mercy, playing Widow, Genji, or Hanzo. Just wrecking everyone and bragging about it. A Genji who builds blade in less than 60 seconds in a double shield meta, a Hanzo who fade away flick headshots three people in a row.

THe diamond/plat border at the moment is nigh on unplayable for fair games and its making me not want to play. They need to tie mobile numbers to accounts in order to play competitive, or have a queue for competitive that is only for accounts that have mobile numbers attached to them like other games to ensure its Overwatch we're playing, not Oversmurf.

Diamond rank = Winner determined by team with better DPS smurf

/rant

Soldato
It's been like that for season upon season - the dps smurf.

They've done nothing to stop it, it's clearly obvious when someone is smurfing and I just can't be arsed with OW since they don't care about fixing the smurfing issue.

Soldato
Looks like armour is coming back :)

Looking forward to kicking some arse with rein like the old days and jumping up 1000 sr with brig.

Really looking forward to the changes.

Associate
Smurfs on Friday night were out of control. Widows that never miss, Doomfist just destroying the back line. I didnt care at first as I thought of it as a git gud challenge but it's getting boring now.

Hope the new patch comes quickly. Tanking is a mess at the Moment. So few tank players that it's a lottery with match making who you will be tanking with or people who queue as tank and lock hog as they are a dps player fed up of waiting and cant play any other tank that might be needed. One Hog I played with Friday took a massive hit on a bong on mic before the doors opened on attack on Hanamura then he proceeded to just walk into walls and feed. :eek:

Soldato
Well jumped back on brig today for a change as I have been playing rein all season.

So far 9 games 9 wins straight.

Cant wait to play her after they buff the armour.

Soldato
Nice work. Carry me please, I've been leaking SR like a sieve at the moment.

Im going to be on a lot this week just message me any time you see me online.

I placed gold SR a couple of seasons back and haven't had much luck getting it back. But this season going much better, tank and Heal about 2750.

A bit worried I will flat line now I won a few. But hopefully it will keep going up. I do enjoy my matches more when the sr is higher, faster, more organised.

Soldato
I didn't know you had stopped playing booyaka.

Apologies for the tosh rank play last night, though I'm sure there were a few plat/diamond players in there!

I think it was me letting us down. My Mei wasn't very warmed up.

It's nice to jump on and play some games as dps.

Back
Top Bottom