Post your sweet life hacks here!

Caporegime
A tip I got once was, "if you don't know the answer to something just BS it.". Everyone will think you are a genius, if they are dumb enough and most are.
I apply that mantra in literally everything I ever say (or post).

Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't take the time to understand the things I'm talking about. But then I watch Bojo and The Clowns on TV and realise it's not necessary, even to be the leader of this country. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me ;)

Meh, I should get a hobby. Spend far too much time on here talking crap :p

Permabanned
To kill a sitting fly, aim in the direction it's head is facing. They can't fly backwards.

Cheers :)

Control is external. Put it above, before, outside the main action.

Would you expand on that, please, in your proven way? I mean, do you have an example, story, tale, parable, allegory, axiom, riddle, paradox, tax return, etc. to enlighten us? :)

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Your above last two questions prove by example you grasp it well enough.

e: if you doubt it, ask any of the programmers or analysts on this forum why IPO is in that order.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This counts for little enough but RxR is my second favourite poster because he has a ton of words in his head which don't translate into an easily understandable conversation. For reference: everything he posts. (this a joke, RxR, simmer down).

Soldato
buy your own house ,but one with potential to at least double in price ,ie scruffy with land

instead of buying stuff you dont need ,massively overpay mortgage

try and get a detached

plan to retire at 50 (i failed)

dont shop when your hungry

dont take your partner for granted ( i failed)

white vinegar is good for tough collar stains

dont grow up and die in the same area just because your scared to change things ,in the vastness of time and space its not a big deal to move where your happiest is it

Soldato
To kill a sitting fly, aim in the direction it's head is facing. They can't fly backwards.

Dont splat flies on your wall it leaves a stain.

If the fly is sat on a nice flat wall then rest your hand against the wall and swipe at the fly keeping your hand against the wall.
They arent that hard to catch and you can just release it out the window.

Dont forget to wash your hands after.

Caporegime

If the fly is sat on a nice flat wall then rest your hand against the wall and swipe at the fly keeping your hand against the wall.

I'm trying to visualise this and failing. Can you draw a diagram?

Caporegime

I'd rather kill them tbh...

Easy way is to get the vacuum cleaner out - if an upright or old fashioned style one then just use the extension tube, hold in within a couple of inches of the fly and switch it on full blast... bye bye fly.

Associate

Just killed a fly using this method. Sound advice.

Also if you ever get one of these sticky fly killer strips, then spend time, whatever time it takes to find some old throwaway gloves (assuming you have some) first as takes ages to wash off your hands.

Oh and if you get a small thunderbug thing behind your computer display crawling around the screen, DO NOT squash it to prompt it to move away. Let it go, and let it be, it might move offscreen eventually in its own time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom