Liquid Art: From Mini P180 to infinity...

Soldato
OP
Sweet, was looking out for ways to do that for my h440! Should help reduce temps drastically

It looks even better in person! I love it! Massive thanks to parvum systems for sorting this out for me. I know it was a lot of work. My temps are now much better.

Soldato
OP
Associate
Jay - I am also planning to ditch a mini P180 and move to Parvum S2.0...

How dusty does the case get?

Had planned on an Air 240 before seeing the Parvum. Contemplating a 970 GTX SLi rig.... u have dual 240 rads?

Soldato
OP
Jay - I am also planning to ditch a mini P180 and move to Parvum S2.0...

How dusty does the case get?

Had planned on an Air 240 before seeing the Parvum. Contemplating a 970 GTX SLi rig.... u have dual 240 rads?

Hi Mate,

It didn't get that dusty for me but if you're worried about dust, then you can always get some fan filters in place for very little money. Personally though I didn't bother with them as I found the airflow to be really good which helped with reducing dust build up.

For SLi, I used dual 240 rads (thicker but lower FPI) to give me the best performance. I tried using thinner rads but the fans had to run at a higher speed which meant more noise and the Parvum cases aren't padded so noise became an issue for me hence the thicker rads and lower fan speeds.

Associate
Thanks Jay..... What water cooled kit are you running? Wondering if a custom loop is worth bothering with given the performance available via a AIO cooler. If you could share the spec of your loop, rads, res, pump etc it would be appreciated. Any challenges building into the S2.0?

Thanks mate.

Soldato
OP
Sorry mega late reply lol

But if you're still interested I chose parts that would suit my system the best. I chose based on aesthetics and functionality.

My spec is:

XSPC EX240 cross flow radiator x 1
XSPC EX240 radiator x 1
OcUK Tech Lab - XSPC D5 Vario Pump & XSPC Acetal D5 Top Value Combo x 1
XSPC Fittings all round
Primochill Tubing
Bitspower Summit EF CPU Waterblock
EKWB GTX 680 CSQ waterblocks in Nickel+Acetal x 2
XSPC Photon 270 Reservoir

Quick summary of what I've used. All works together really well for a SLI rig.

Soldato
OP
It's been 5 years since i've updated this, not changed a single thing in the system except for upgrading the 2 ageing gpu's to a 980ti poseidon and recently upgraded to a 3770k. Barely a big improvement but if it aint broke don't fix it right!

Really surprised that at this day its still running strong and with a yearly clean up of dust, its never let me down. I haven't event changed the fluid inside the loop since it was topped up 5 years ago :eek: and there's no sign of corrosion!

https://youtu.be/YWy4HXX91r8

Added some Antec Prizm RGB Goodness to the system lately but thinking a rebuild is needed to bring some life into it.

Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower - Black Window

2x XSPC RX240 Dual Fan Radiator V3

1x Raijintek Teos RGB LED Dual Fan Copper Radiator - 240mm

Coupling this lot with some Acrylic hard tubing... gone have the days of flexi tubing.

Soldato
OP
After my little rotary leak, i decided to replace a few of the older fittings and add in a flow meter. The Alphacool EISFLUEGEL Flow Indicator is a really nice bit of kit, easy to install and comes with a stop port giving you a 3 way versatility for mounting it in your loop.

Further to the small upgrades, i moved the reservoir a few CM higher and extended the tubing to lessen the stress on the fittings.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Update!

After being bottlenecked by my CPU with 2x 980TI poseidons, it was time to finally upgrade.

Decided to stick with Intel as it would save me from buying a new CPU block which i really didn’t have the budget for at the moment... though saying that after building it im tempted to do a hardline conversion as my soft tubing, although has held up nicely i like the aesthetics of the hardline builds.

Upgrade as follows:

i7 3770k ———> i5 9600KF
Asus maximus 5 Gene ———> gigabyte Gaming SLI
Corsair Dominator Plat 16gb 1600mhz ———> Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Added an additional 980TI Poseidon GPU after scouring the interwebs for many months for one. SLI is dying but for what i play at the moment, its still supported.

Pretty straight forward swap, no hiccups for a change! Additional fittings are on the way after i realised i didn’t have enough fittings to plumb in the second gpu.. doh!

With the sale of my old board, cpu and RAM this upgrade cost me just over £200 and doubled my FPS.

MOEl2um.jpg

3e6pugs.jpg

RXl2q3X.jpg

Soldato
OP
So it began! Build is complete but not all the pictures are ready so here's a few to begin.

It's been around 5-6 years since i upgraded the pc and actually threw any money into it. It served me well in the time i had it so recently as you can see above i upgraded to the Z390 platform rocking a 9600KF paired with Gigabyte's SLI gaming X board and Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200mhz memory.

After wasting money on 2 x 980ti's and having them not really work for any of the new games i wanted to play, it was time to switch them out for MSI's 2070 Super Gaming X Duo based on the frozr cooler design. This card is a beast, though doesn't overclock as well as i thought it would do (silicone lottery probably). I managed a stable +110 on the core and 1ghz on the memory without much issue though anymore on the core and it would blue screen. All in all its a nice upgrade from sli 980ti's and in most instances it runs faster than the sli setup. I did buy this with the intention of watercooling it later in the year however EK have got back to me and said they have no plans on making a block for this card... :(. While upgrading this i also upgraded the PSU to a EVGA 750 GQ modular. Very nice build quality and i love the eco mode at the back which turns the fan off until it reaches a pre-set load or temperature, keeps the system nice and quiet. Was a lot better quality than my old Corsair builders series psu and even my previous Seasonic unit which was fully modular.

Next up was a new case! With this came some challenges as i wanted to utilize all the radiator space available in the case. I had 2 x XSPC EX240 and a 360 40mm slim rad to fit. In my old case i would have the pump sat freely and not mounted to anything at the bottom of the case however with the new case i really wanted to mount the pump and reservoir securely and to give it that cleaner look. In the end i ended up buying a whole new pump top and reservoir combo namely.. Alphacool
eisbecher D5 250ml pump res combo. I had the pump already so didn't need a pump included. Gotta say this is very well built, quite heavy as well but feels sturdy enough that if you dropped it, it wouldn't be damaged. The tube itself is very scratch resistant however the acetal pump top is not so much. Already put a few marks on it from fitting the mounting brackets. With this pump res combo i could now mount this in my chosen case, the Lian Li O11 Dynamic! Must be everyones case of choice this year! I mounted the 240 at the top and bottom and the 360 on the side with airflow wise pull at the bottom as intake and top as exhaust and the side as exhaust as well... although i've seen people mention that having the side as intake gives best results... thoughts on this?

With the new layout meant new tubing as well so i opted EK's ZMT matte black tubing. I'm abit 50/50 on this... i found it to kink quite easily even at very light bends it would tend to flatten out so i was careful not to bend it too much. with all the space at the back of this case i decided to run some tubing round the back to keep the front looking neat and clean.

nFgDOfa.jpg
fiyPtVe.jpg
5fKdE9w.jpg
KrBihTw.jpg
xWu7ecm.jpg
CStihDX.jpg
Q48jn9f.jpg

More pics to come... And here they are!
xRZa3j1.jpg
tnAyfuG.jpg
iYF2hDq.jpg
NtAZr10.jpg
7uKZ0JD.jpg

I have new braided cables coming to match the new theme... 6 years of sitting in my room in heat has done them no good tbh so out with the old and in with the new. Also in need of another 4 RGB fans to match the rest of the system, i'm using Antec's prizm fans at the moment and for budget fans they do the job and keep the temps down. (not a rainbow chaser)

I do regret not going hardline though it could be a new investment along with a distro block... we'll see.

Shoutout to @StigBourne for making sure my delivery came next day! Ordered in the afternoon and came next day early morning! Thank you!

Last edited:
Soldato
I mounted the 240 at the top and bottom and the 360 on the side with airflow wise pull at the bottom as intake and top as exhaust and the side as exhaust as well... although i've seen people mention that having the side as intake gives best results... thoughts on this?

Yes, I have also seen that the setup of side and bottom for intake and expulsion on top has warrented the best cooling results.

Soldato
OP
Yes, I have also seen that the setup of side and bottom for intake and expulsion on top has warrented the best cooling results.
Going to switch my fans around on the side then and see if i can get an improvement. My gpu has gotten as high as 65c with this setup and i feel that switching it to give more intake could yield cooler results. Would allow higher boost clocks anyway.

Soldato
OP
Installed a Phanteks Vertical GPU mount today. Wasn't as straight forward as i thought it would be... As usual nothing fits as you think it would. For my scenario the bottom fans were interfering with the bracket so i couldn't align it up properly to get the screws in. What i ended up doing was drilling out the stock holes for the thumb screws on the vertical mount to make them bigger allowing me to screw the thumb screws into the case pci bracket. Was easy enough to do but would have rather avoided doing this. The riser cable is really good quality though, quite rigid and covered in a thick rubber coating/sleeve which all came in a sealed anti static bag for piece of mind.

qpPdzUM.jpg

With todays mods i also installed a BarrowCH M.2 temp monitor. Again not as straight forward to fit.... the damn thing interfered with the top pcie slot and the waterblock mounting plate!!! The M.2 monitor comes in 2 pieces, the bottom slider and a top piece which is the monitor. The bottom slider holds the M.2 drive in place while the monitor section screws into the bottom slider. The M.2 drive itself is covered on both sides with thermal pads for heat transfer onto the monitor. So to fix my issue i had to file down the slider where it was interfering until i could sit it down with the drive in and screw it down. Took some careful filing and making sure i didn't leave any metal filings in! Once in though it was good to see it all working and now i have a decent temp monitor for my M.2 drive. Now by all means it doesn't really act as a heat sink unless you get fresh cool air blown against it.

LwecPj3.jpg

Next up... Hardline kit and try and source a waterblock for this card :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hardline kit arrived but i didn't order enough and was a little dis-organised so ended up ordering more stuff and while i was at it i decided to take the plunge and sell my 2070 super and ordered this...

SIXkWnB.jpg

Total overkill for my needs but it came up really cheap at an auction site... opened but unused!

Will be continuing the build this week and hopefully have it finished before the end of the week. Really excited to get this, always wanted one but never could afford one till now.

Back
Top Bottom