Premier League Sack Race 2019/20

Associate
To be honest with Watford’s record I was suprised he didn’t go after three straight losses. Watford have done this 3 or 4 times in a now without it having a major negative effect.

They have reappointed Quique Flores who they sacked in 2016 after getting them to an FA Cup semi-final.

Associate
How would Moyes be greeted by the fans if like the papers are saying he comes back?

I actually think he would get a good reception to be honest. I know he wouldn't be best long term, and I know he generally destroys any type of striker we had (don't really have any currently) but I'd take him for remainder of the season.

His last 6 season his average position with us was 6th, since he's gone our average is 8th (finishing 11th twice)

Don
Unless he's being brought in as a short-term fix to make sure they don't get relegated then Moyes to Everton is a terrible appointment. Appointing Moyes long term would be the Everton board waving the white flag and accepting they can't break into the top 6.

Moyes done great at Everton first time around, he took them from a club that was midtable at best or battling relegation at worst, to a side competing for European spots. His style of management has limitations though and given the level of competition now - remembering that Moyes peaked at Everton long before City and Spurs were on the scene - I can't see how Everton could progress beyond midtable with him.

It hasn't worked with Silva but Everton need to stick with this sort of manager. Like Spurs with Poch and now Leicester with Rodgers, Everton's only hope of bridging the gap is by being brave and playing exciting attacking football - it's more likely to go spectacularly wrong but it's the only chance of reaching the level needed to compete now. Winning 1 and drawing 1 every 3 games with Moyes won't get you in a relegation scrap but it won't cut it if you want to compete either.

Soldato
Flores gone from Watford. They should install a revolving door for the managers office. Hope they go down and don't come back up for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom