Where do you eat dinner?

Soldato
Jeez I feel guilty for having the TV on when we're eating at the kitchen table. I got nothin' on most of you slobs :p

We always eat dinner at the table (2 of us), although if my other half is out I'll usually eat on the sofa in front of the TV.

Soldato
Depends on time and what we're having. If we get home at normal time then we eat at the dining table. If we get home late(ish) and make something that doesn't require knife and fork then on the sofa.

Soldato
We always sit at the table in the dining room. It's better in terms of cleanliness, and more comfortable. I hate having to hunch over to eat while sitting on a sofa.

Caporegime
So I only eat dinner in two places, my dining table or my office if I am super busy and can't afford to spend the 20 minutes eating at the table. It's always on a hard surface as I can't stand eating on my lap.

The other half will eat in the front room at the TV if I need to eat in my office and I just don't understand why someone would want to eat at their lap. I can't stand not eating at the table and having to resort to my desk but when im busy I don't have a choice.

We have some family up and they all resorted to eating on their laps watching crap TV while I went and sat alone at the table.

So where do you guys eat, table like a sophisticated human or on your lap like an animal?

Mods possibly add a poll?

Diner table
Lap in front of tv/front room
Desk
Other?

Nobody is allowed anything but small snacks and drinks in the living room. However my sofas were quite pricey (M&S) and are still in immaculate condition. I'm not having some clumsy person ruin them by dropping crap all over them. I will dictate that to some people who I know are careless when it comes to such things too. Even the other half needs reminding constantly that she shouldn't be filling up a kids drink right to the top, etc.

My meals at home are eaten 95% of the time at the dining table. Sometimes outside when having a BBQ or it's a nice day and we have an outdoor table and chairs, etc. Or in rare cases in the office / games rooms where there are 2 large desks and chairs.

Soldato
Probably 5 nights a week wife and I will eat on the sofa and 2 nights at the table. we really should reverse that, there's literally no excuse for not eating at the table (unless you don't have one). The main reason - to make myself feel better - is we both have quite long commutes so by the time supper is cooked you just feel like flopping on the sofa and watching TV.

Soldato
Usually at my desk unless out on site then it may be in the van if the place I've got food from doesn't have seating.

At home it's either in front of the TV on a tray or at my PC desk.

Associate
Aside from the fact that it exposes you as a dirty philistine, I really can't see the appeal of eating on a sofa. It's just not comfortable, and any spillage will end up on you.

Soldato
Aside from the fact that it exposes you as a dirty philistine, I really can't see the appeal of eating on a sofa. It's just not comfortable, and any spillage will end up on you.
Get a more comfortable sofa and stop eating like a pig.
Otters eat off their laps without benefit of napkins, so surely you can, too? :p

Back
Top Bottom